r t warren

My First Try At An Outback Hat

Here is my first try at a hat. I created the pattern myself and did the hatband and all.

let me know what you think. Tips and critic are welcomed.

post-18778-058124600 1295900539_thumb.jppost-18778-070799900 1295900514_thumb.jppost-18778-056177200 1295900557_thumb.jp

Still needs some shaping of course.

Here is my first try at a hat. I created the pattern myself and did the hatband and all.

let me know what you think. Tips and critic are welcomed.

post-18778-058124600 1295900539_thumb.jppost-18778-070799900 1295900514_thumb.jppost-18778-056177200 1295900557_thumb.jp

Still needs some shaping of course.

Looks good RT! I'd love to get a copy of that pattern if you're going to make it available.

Been wanting to make one like that for myself for quite some time but haven't found the right pattern.

Yeah that's awesome for a first time hat. Especially if you just up and made your own pattern.

+1 on the pattern too, I want to make something like this also but I have no clue where to even start with making a pattern for a hat.

Great work! I would like to see that pattern as well. Been thinking of making one myself.

Ok guys here is my pattern I am warning you it is crude but it gives you the basics. It is sized to a basic size but I put my tips on it to how to adjust it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me. I will do my best to answer them.

scan0001.pdf

Love it! Expect compliments whenever you wear it. :) What kind of claw is on the band?

thanks for sharing, Im with the other folks on this. been wanting something just like this, and was thinking maybe how to. think I will.....hmmmmm need some more leather.

Love it! Expect compliments whenever you wear it. :) What kind of claw is on the band?

bear claw

Fantastic! What a great job. Thank you so much for the pattern. What kind of wire do you use?

Ok guys here is my pattern I am warning you it is crude but it gives you the basics. It is sized to a basic size but I put my tips on it to how to adjust it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me. I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks so much for sharing RT, that was kind of you!

Look forward to giving it a try.

Chris

Good try! And thanks for sharing the pattern.

Excellent hat, and thanks for sharing,

Moe

Hey that is nice, now I am going to have to tear apart one of my old hats to make me a pattern. Good job

Thanks for sharing your pattern! Your hat looks awesome, it has me reconsidering how to dye mine.

Hat looks great! thanks for sharing your pattern too.

I've been making a wide brim. I'm curious how you stiffened the brim for shaping?