Sign in to follow this  
alpheus94

first wristband with tooling/carving

Ok! first wristband with tooling/carving! Pillar is a band I like, so I thought I would try a logo band. I wasn't so hot at the beveling, but overall I am happy with how it came out. Vry new to the carving aspect.

100_1510.jpg

100_1516.jpg

100_1519.jpg

100_1518.jpg

Nice job on your wrist bands.

Randy

That's a heckuva lot nicer than the ones I see teens wearing that they got at places like Hastings. (Real leather makes a difference, doesn't it?)

Kate

nice wrist band!

be sure to hold your bevel straight and don't move it so far between hits and it will smooth out for you

Nice job man. The first time i did black i got little black dots all over the place. Is the blue dye of paint? If dye what type.

IT's Fiebings "light blue" dye.haha I'd like to see the dark blue! I used a very fine paint brush to apply it to the letters. I was going to go with a red for more contrast, but blue fits the band's color scheme of one of their albums better.

really nice job, I might have been tempted to dry brush a little silver acryllic ink around the edges (very carefully) for highlight before finishing to create slightly more contrast but sometimes understating works better for curiousity. i am still getting to grips with bevelling to.... unfortunately I live in a terrace house with two sets of neighbours and can't hammer so have to rely on push bevelling, which kinda works.

you can lighten the dye with alcohol, its a bit messy but works.

Yes I live in an apartment on the 2nd floor, so hammering is difficult. I got a nice piece of scrap Granite 13x14 and i set it on my legs so when i was beveling it did transfer fron the table to the floor to my neighbors downstairs. I used to kive downstairs and that was much easier.

IT's Fiebings "light blue" dye.haha I'd like to see the dark blue! I used a very fine paint brush to apply it to the letters. I was going to go with a red for more contrast, but blue fits the band's color scheme of one of their albums better.

chuckle.. withya on that "light blue". I take small jars, fill them about half way with rubbing alcohol and then top off with the blue dye. That gives something more in real Light Blue range. The stuff lasts a long time, though, since I'm diluting it by about half :evillaugh: