I'm currently using Tandy's Eco-Flo paint and have been happy with it so far to paint stamped letters (small areas). Have noticed it doesn't hold up as well on larger painted areas. It's not really chipping, but it is cracking some. I'm thinking I'd like to try a different kind of paint.

Any suggestions? I've found Angelus paint, haven't bought any to try, but it's on my list of options. Any feedback on Angelus or any other suggestions?

I use Folk Art brand paints from A.C. Moore. I think they're up to $1.49 for a 4oz. bottle. Dilute it 60/40 water/ paint and it shouldn't crack, at least it hasn't for me.

I use Delta Ceramcoat and Liquitex when I paint, but I paint mostly on things that wont flex or bend. I've heard a lot of good things about the Eco Flow Cova colors and just got them, haven't tried them yet. I'm not sure if any paint is going to hold up really well on things that bend or get rubbed a lot. A couple suggestions I'd make are to apply the paint thinned down in layers, building up the colors. I think that would tend to crack less than a thick layer of paint (and it usually looks better). Then seal with some sort of spray on acrylic sealer when you are done painting.

I use (among others) Angelus acryllic paints.

They seams to hold up good and I have not found any cracks up to date and I have been using them for + 3 years. My latest test will be this browband I made for my grand daughters horse last night...Angelus dye and paints. Lets see how good it will hold up this time :-)

Edited by Tina

I use Golden Liquid Acrylics thinned with Golden Airbrush Medium 50/50 on the motorcycle tanks bibs I do. Much larger selection of colors and hues than Eco-Flow and they have great lightfast & adhesion properties.

Can be brushed or airbrushed on and sealed with an aerosol acrylic sealer as a top coat.

Thanks everybody! I think I'm gonna give something new a try!