Sign in to follow this  
Chief31794

Anyone Here From Georgia?

I've been on this site for quite some time now and I just retired so I thought I might search the members and see if anyone was close by to start communicating, exchanging notes, maybe start a guild, etc. But the member filters require you to put specific info, such as Georgia just gets members who listed Georgia, not Atlanta, Georgia, Tifton, Ga, etc.

If you are from Georgia and work with leather reply with your city to get an idea who and where we all are.

I'm from Tifton, GA down in the Southwest Corner of the State.

Ken

Hello i am from Gray GA , and thats not to far from warner robins its a drive though lol fairly new to leather and this site.

This is my latest project some 1911 mag holders ruffed in before finishing touches and leather dye.

I'm in Marietta (north of atlanta). I'm just a hobbyist.

I'm in Marietta (north of atlanta). I'm just a hobbyist.

Hi TwoMikes,

I get to Atlanta often, I have grandchildren in Powder Springs. Thanks for chiming in.

Hello i am from Gray GA , and thats not to far from warner robins its a drive though lol fairly new to leather and this site.

This is my latest project some 1911 mag holders ruffed in before finishing touches and leather dye.

Morgans Leather,

Thanks, yeah it's a little hike. I didn't see the picture of your holster, I don't think you got it attached. I get to Macon/Warner Robbins pretty often as well, either to go to Bass Pro Shop or for a Bluegrass Association Meeting. Thanks for responding.

Ken

Edited by Chief31794

St. Simons Island here!

Mike

St. Simons Island here!

Mike

Hi Mike,

I don't get over your way much but thanks for responding.

Ken

I'm in Atlanta in-town right near I-20. I'd love to get together to meet. The only place I ever got to chat with other leatherworkers around here is at the Tandy shop in Tucker and I quit going there years ago.

I'm in Atlanta in-town right near I-20. I'd love to get together to meet. The only place I ever got to chat with other leatherworkers around here is at the Tandy shop in Tucker and I quit going there years ago.

I'll send a PM next time I go up to see the Grandchildren.

Thanks,

Ken

OK i think i figured it out. here are the pictures that did not upload of my mag holders for a 1911 handgun.

post-31975-052945900 1339191889_thumb.jp

OK i think i figured it out. here are the pictures that did not upload of my mag holders for a 1911 handgun.

Yep, they came through this time. Good looking work, nice job.

Ken

I've been on this site for quite some time now and I just retired so I thought I might search the members and see if anyone was close by to start communicating, exchanging notes, maybe start a guild, etc. But the member filters require you to put specific info, such as Georgia just gets members who listed Georgia, not Atlanta, Georgia, Tifton, Ga, etc.

If you are from Georgia and work with leather reply with your city to get an idea who and where we all are.

Ken

here

from Griffin

Ken

Ken, I have done craft shows with a guy by the name of Strickland from Nashville,close by u. How long have you been doing leather work, I started in 1974 and am winding down all my shows and work

Ken, I have done craft shows with a guy by the name of Strickland from Nashville,close by u. How long have you been doing leather work, I started in 1974 and am winding down all my shows and work

I started in 1970, but I'm a slow learner. I don't do a lot of shows, I sell every week at the Georgia Museum of Agriculture they have a Craft and Farmers fair. I use the internet and I have quite a few word of mouth customers. Not a lot of leather carvers in this area, most make belts using embossed blanks or stamp designs with veiners and such. I do some of that but prefer the hand carved stuff, glad to know you're here in Ga. My brother lives in Griffin, haven't seen him in several years but he's still around there.

Ken

I'm in kennesaw ga and i'm new at the game been doing some kydex and want to get in to the leather part of them ... :whistle:

I'm in kennesaw ga and i'm new at the game been doing some kydex and want to get in to the leather part of them ... :whistle:

Great to hear from you, thanks for chiming in.

Ken

I'm from Kennesaw also.

Just a hobby, always looking for something new to try!

Richard

I'm from Kennesaw also.

Just a hobby, always looking for something new to try!

Richard

Hi Richard,

You guys in Kennessaw should start a guild.

Ken

You guys in Kennessaw should start a guild.

Hey Ken

I 'spose we could but all able bodied men in Kennesaw have to work rotating shifts guarding the "General" from another yankee sneak attack! :crazy:

Since no one has attacked in well over a hundred years, you guys are doing a jam up job. Keep up the good work. My daughter graduated from Kennessaw State and I think she also stands a post from time-to-time.

Ken

Hey Chief, I am "from" Valdosta -not far at all from Blue Devils area but I live in Kennesaw now.

HEY SCC.... we need to have some coffee sometime and talk holsters. PM me if you get this.

I'm from Sylvester originally, lived in Agony(Albany) and Tifton before coming to Tallahassee. How's business @ the Agrirama?

Marc

I'm from Sylvester originally, lived in Agony(Albany) and Tifton before coming to Tallahassee. How's business @ the Agrirama?

Marc

Hi Marc,

The Agrirama is going strong. It is now a part of ABAC. I sell leather goods at Agrirama every Saturday and have been doing pretty well. Good to hear from you.

Ken

Hey Chief, I am in Columbus. Long time hobbiest.

Ken

I think starting a guild would be a great idea we could call it Georgia Leather Guild . If you work with leather and live in GA come join the (GLG) .

I just finished dying the leather black still need a lot of work before finished . I'm gonna use some fiebings leather sheen as a top coat any thoughts on how to apply it to get a good finish too it i have heard you need to lay it on thick.

I will update the progress with some more photo's

post-31975-050520400 1340228153_thumb.jp