TimberWolf

Western Holster For 1860 Colt

Holster for a long barrel 1860 Colt. I made the pattern to be more on the western side, with a slightly distressed/ worn finish.

10 oz. English bridle, custom shaded. Wanted to keep the lines clean, without any stamping. On the plain side like period holsters were.

Thanks for lookin' ! Tim

post-3267-0-12089400-1421000877_thumb.jp

post-3267-0-42692900-1421000897_thumb.jp

Excellent. I have to make one for my new 1860 army, and I am having a terrible time deciding what style I am going to go for.

Same here. great Holster! I also acquired recently an italían copy of the 1860 at an auction "per un pugno di dollari" and will have to replace the oily rag it rests in by adequate bedding. I'm thinking more Slim Jim than Mexican Loop and of either modifying one of Will Ghormleys patterns or using Brazos Jack's Slim Jim or CW patterns posted here on LWNet (in the Holster section). I'd also like to put the typical old fashioned decoration (included in Brazos Jacks`s pattern) on such a Holster that actually looks more like Art Deco than southwestern/mexican/andalusian floral decoration.

Edited by LederRudi