Angel

Has Etsy helped you?

Hi everyone!

I am trying to find an easy place to sell products that I've made. Has Etsy worked well for you? Or do you have any other suggestions as to the best way to go about this?

Thanks in advance,

Angel :helpsmilie:

Angel

Howdy first off EASY there is no such thing any were any place on the web or on the ground,

That having been said etsy is a powerfull tool but lots of sellers it's tough biz you got to advertise , I would also say to check out craft fairs they sell pretty good.

Best of luck

Josh

Hi Angel,

As far as being easy to set up a shop and list items to sell, it's very easy. It's also very inexpensive, as there are no seller's shop setup fees, the listing fee is $0.20 per item for 3 months, and the transaction fee of 3.5% is very reasonable. You don't pay it until something sells.

But, as Josh pointed out, it's just as much work to get a sale there as it is anywhere else. I just resumed selling there after being away from my shop for more than a year, and I think it's as good a venue as any other. You have to constantly be learning new ways to attract traffic to your shop, and new ways to make what's in your shop look enticing.

You may also want to consider some other online venues, such as 1000 Markets, GoZabo, WinkElf, , or Handmade Fuzion. There are others, but these are some of the better alternatives to Etsy that I have seen.

Kate

To be honest, I never even heard about Etsy.com till I came here. Or any of the other sites mentioned. Maybe I've just live a deprived life :dunno:

Love it or hate it, I still get the best results from eBay. I live with the charges and accept the draconian payment system because , at the end of the day, I sell my stuff there. It works for me...

I signed up on Etsy only because a bossy woman I know got pushy with me over it. LOL! Honestly! Anyhow, I don't find it to be that great for me. She's a jeweler, so maybe it works for her.

For me, it's the best way to sell stuff in the off season.