Henry

Junker & Ruh Sole stitching machines for sale.

I have a few of these for sale. This is a Junker & Ruh shoe repair machine from Germany. They made a lot of them and they were the backbone of the shoe repair industry over there. I restore these and make them fully operational. The machine a is needle feed just like a Tippmann BOSS. The needle moves the work along for every stitch with the stitch length being adjustable. Just to give you an idea I can sew a pair of sandals in under 5 minutes and the stitching these machines make is extremely consistent and it looks very professional because of the thick thread. Its hard to tell that it isn't hand sewn.

I personally used them to make sandals (hippy style) in the 1980's and made over 1000 pair at that time (used only 3 needles for all 1000). They are also good for doing case work especially if you want to sew around a very thin edge. I have seen some posting here where people are trying to sew around the edge of a formed case with a cylinder machine. As these are designed to hold onto the side of a shoe they are better at case work than any cylinder machine out there. Please refer to the pictures to see what I am talking about. I have needles available for these machines so that is no problem.

The machine only weighs 20lbs by the way and the way it works is that you pull the lever toward you and back to complete one stitch cycle. Just like the Tippmann BOSS machine.

If you have any questions feel free to Email me or call me at 416-231-1870

Thanks,

Henry Veenhoven

Toronto, Ontario

Email me at:

Junker1069.jpg

Junker1072.jpg

Junker1074.jpg

Junker1076.jpg

Junker1077.jpg

Junker1077.jpg

Junker1078.jpg

Junker1073.jpg

post-8136-1232576979_thumb.jpg

post-8136-1232577011_thumb.jpg

post-8136-1232577056_thumb.jpg

post-8136-1232577078_thumb.jpg

post-8136-1232577098_thumb.jpg

post-8136-1232577115_thumb.jpg

post-8136-1232577131_thumb.jpg

post-8136-1232577158_thumb.jpg

They look identical to the Pederson sole stitcher of which I had a couple over the years and they did do a good job. I was shocked though, when I thought I'd get a new bobbin case, very expensive!

Tony.

You have a Base price range for these machines?

Hello Henry, I bought my Aerostitch from you several years ago - still working great! Thanks

Tony, you are right these machines are identical to Pedersen machines. I think these came first and then I suspect Pedersen resurrected them, perhaps after WWII.

Greybeard, I am selling these Junker and Ruh machines for $650.00(US) a piece. Quite reasonable considering their unique ability as no machine exists that can sew like they can and only weigh 20lbs!!!

Ian, glad to hear from you and that you are still enjoying your Tippmann Aerostitch machine. They are great machines but not well understood for some reason. There seems to be a real preoccupation on this site with Chinese machines for some reason. The Tippmann Aerostitch machine was made in the US and has the best customer support available from anyone as all parts were also US made. As you know their best feature is that they don’t need a separate motor and has a fully adjustable speed range without any loss of torque to drive the needle into the work. If anyone asks about them I’ll send them your way for a reference if you don’t mind. I still have three of those for sale by the way.

Tony, you are right these machines are identical to Pedersen machines. I think these came first and then I suspect Pedersen resurrected them, perhaps after WWII.

Greybeard, I am selling these Junker and Ruh machines for $650.00(US) a piece. Quite reasonable considering their unique ability as no machine exists that can sew like they can and only weigh 20lbs!!!

Ian, glad to hear from you and that you are still enjoying your Tippmann Aerostitch machine. They are great machines but not well understood for some reason. There seems to be a real preoccupation on this site with Chinese machines for some reason. The Tippmann Aerostitch machine was made in the US and has the best customer support available from anyone as all parts were also US made. As you know their best feature is that they don’t need a separate motor and has a fully adjustable speed range without any loss of torque to drive the needle into the work. If anyone asks about them I’ll send them your way for a reference if you don’t mind. I still have three of those for sale by the way.

Hi Henry,

What would you say is the thickest that the J&R can stitch? Can it do 1/2"? I never knew such a machine existed and am now very interested.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Henry,

What would you say is the thickest that the J&R can stitch? Can it do 1/2"? I never knew such a machine existed and am now very interested.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

I am not sure about 1/2" thick. The leather used in the pictures is two layers of 8-10oz. bridal leather. I think it could to a third layer but doubt if it could do 4 layers. I think there would be too great a chance of the foot not being able to hold it securely and then the needle would push the work out from under the foot as the lever is pulled forward.

What type of work/project do you have in mind that would use such thick leather for such a machine? Without knowing the answer to that question I suspect a cylinder machine might be better suited for your application.

Cheers,

Henry

Verrrry interesting - too early in my leather making to invest in something like this but I definitely see one in my future for building saddlebags and the like, and I am fond of hand operated/slow/detail work machines in general. Nice to see I'll be dealing with a Canuckian as well - especially one an hour away from me hometown :0) No disrespect to Americans, it just alleviates all the shipping brokerage/border/customs BS when I can shop North o the 49th :0)

Rob

Hi Henry,

I currently do have a cylinder arm machine for my briefcases , satchels, etc. There are two circumference edge seams on these bags that require the stitching of 3 layers of 6 oz leather, perhaps not quite 1/2". In all honesty there are really only two bottom corners that pose some degree of difficulty, due to two gussets coming together with a middle panel. I've gotten the cylinder arm machine to maneuver the corners, but when I saw your sole stitcher I just thought it was the perfect machine, and even more so at 20 lbs. The more I think of it, though, the more I wonder if the sole stitcher would lose its grasp on the corners that pose some degree of difficulty, due to the slope of the leather where a gusset edge meets a flat panel.

ed

Hi Henry,

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

I am not sure about 1/2" thick. The leather used in the pictures is two layers of 8-10oz. bridal leather. I think it could to a third layer but doubt if it could do 4 layers. I think there would be too great a chance of the foot not being able to hold it securely and then the needle would push the work out from under the foot as the lever is pulled forward.

What type of work/project do you have in mind that would use such thick leather for such a machine? Without knowing the answer to that question I suspect a cylinder machine might be better suited for your application.

Cheers,

Henry

Ed,

If you can send me or post a detailed picture of the corner that is giving you problems I could always do a mock-up and send you back a picture. It sounds like it is certainly thinner than 1/2 an inch. The beauty of the layout of this machine is that you can put the needle tip into the leather and then with your hand lift the foot and rotate the work. Then after you let the foot down with the work in the new position you can continue pushing the needle through the work in the new direction. Similar to doing a corner on a bag with a cylinder machine where you would likely be grabbing the wheel and walking the needle around the corner before continuing on the next straightaway.

I guess this is where making a little mpeg type movie would really show off best what I am trying to describe with words.

Can you post something like that here. I have only just joined this site so I am not aware of all the site's potential. I'll see if I can come up with a little clip of some sort but please be patient for that.

Thanks,

Henry

Toronto, Canada

416-231-1870

I'll try to post a close-up picture of what I'm talking about.

But for now, imagine you were to add an identical pocket on the back side of the vegtan case you have in some of your uploaded pictures. This would create a three-layer seam. the one thing that would probably make the corners on such a case easier to stitch is that case appears to have been cased. without casing the leather around the corners would pull more against the machine . This happens on cylinder arm machines, but there are ways around it: holster or stirrup plate, filing down the flat needle plate as much as possible to the left of the needle, stitching the straightaways up to the corner which is to be handstitched.

Ed

Ed,

If you can send me or post a detailed picture of the corner that is giving you problems I could always do a mock-up and send you back a picture. It sounds like it is certainly thinner than 1/2 an inch. The beauty of the layout of this machine is that you can put the needle tip into the leather and then with your hand lift the foot and rotate the work. Then after you let the foot down with the work in the new position you can continue pushing the needle through the work in the new direction. Similar to doing a corner on a bag with a cylinder machine where you would likely be grabbing the wheel and walking the needle around the corner before continuing on the next straightaway.

I guess this is where making a little mpeg type movie would really show off best what I am trying to describe with words.

Can you post something like that here. I have only just joined this site so I am not aware of all the site's potential. I'll see if I can come up with a little clip of some sort but please be patient for that.

Thanks,

Henry

Toronto, Canada

416-231-1870

As you know their best feature is that they don't need a separate motor and has a fully adjustable speed range without any loss of torque to drive the needle into the work. If anyone asks about them I'll send them your way for a reference if you don't mind. I still have three of those for sale by the way.

Henry, the biggest issue I've had was the noise from the compressor, but not deal breaker, that's for sure. I did have to send it back for some work since my local industrial sewing machine place couldn't work on it. But, those issues are minor. Compared to the price of other harness stitchers, this was a steal and it does everything I've ever needed it to, from a fine show harness to many sets of saddlebags. The ability to slow it way down lets me sew very intricate inlays and close edge stitching withour the fear of sewing out of the groove. So, yes, I can certainly recomment it to anyone you send my way.

NOTE TO ROB MCJEEP: This is the machine you want for saddlebags rather than the machine in the original post - it will sew 3/4 inch, no problem.

Here's a picture of one of the sets of bags I did with my Aero - 10/11oz harness leather

Flame_slant.JPG

post-6120-1232663634_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian

NOTE TO ROB MCJEEP: This is the machine you want for saddlebags rather than the machine in the original post - it will sew 3/4 inch, no problem.

Here's a picture of one of the sets of bags I did with my Aero - 10/11oz harness leather

Tanks :0) Nice work on the bags BTW - I really like the inlay :0)

Excellent! Now I know what to save my penny s for! :thumbsup:

Henry,

Hope to be in touch soon, I'm into Toronto every time it snows these days (plowing commercial lots).

I'll try to remember the next time I'm heading down to take your number with me.

Edited by Greywynd

bumping to the top because someone was asking about this machine.

Ian,

Nice work and glad to hear you like your Aerostitch so much; like I said it is a misunderstood machine and the speed control is the best thing about it. No electric machine lets you go from one stitch at a time to full speed by just truning a dial. At least none that I am aware of. That and their prompt friendly service. As to the compressor noise, you do know you can stick it quite far away in another room and just run a longer hose, right? I have the compressor in the garage and the sewing machine in the basement. So I don't hear a thing. There is no loss of power no matter how long the hose is: an unknown fact to me before I got the machine.

Henry, the biggest issue I've had was the noise from the compressor, but not deal breaker, that's for sure. I did have to send it back for some work since my local industrial sewing machine place couldn't work on it. But, those issues are minor. Compared to the price of other harness stitchers, this was a steal and it does everything I've ever needed it to, from a fine show harness to many sets of saddlebags. The ability to slow it way down lets me sew very intricate inlays and close edge stitching withour the fear of sewing out of the groove. So, yes, I can certainly recomment it to anyone you send my way.

Note to Rob McJeep, if you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested in one of these I have them available as well. I've added a couple of pictures for your reference/info.

Thanks,

Henry Veenhoven

416-231-1870

Email me here!

Aerostitch_3.jpg

Aerostitch_5.jpg

post-8136-1232747050_thumb.jpg

post-8136-1232747076_thumb.jpg

Note to Rob McJeep, if you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested in one of these I have them available as well. I've added a couple of pictures for your reference/info.

Thanks,

Henry Veenhoven

416-231-1870

Email me here!

Oh I noticed that earlier on and already have your site bookmarked for future reference (read whenigotdabucks)

I see you've just clamped it down on an old workmate sawhorse? Just happen to have one I don't use much ;0) AND the 60 gallon compressor is already in the shop :0)

I will be in touch, but it'll likely be a while :0/

Thanks for the pics!

Rob

For those interested in this machine, here is a manual for the Junker & Ruh and the Pedersen machine in 'pdf' format printable to 8 1/2 x 11.

If this upload/download doesn't work for some reason just Email me and I can send you a copy via Email

Any questions just ask.

Thanks,

Henry Veenhoven

Creative Leatherworks

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

416-231-1870

Email me here!

Junker___Ruh_Manual.PDF

Junker___Ruh_Manual.PDF

For those interested in understanding how this machine works I've added a video clip to YouTube that shows it a little better than the pictures.

Here is the link:

If for some reason it doesn't work just email am and I can send the link. Here are a couple of more pictures of the results of what is shown in the video.

If you have any questions just ask.

Thanks,

Henry Veenhoven

Toronto, Canada

416-231-1870

DSCN2553.jpg

Stitch_count.jpg

post-8136-1238615928_thumb.jpg

post-8136-1238615948_thumb.jpg