TheTrooper

Jiffy Rivets

Hello Guys,

does anyone of you know the name of the company wich makes the "Jiffy Rivets" ?? I know that the company is from Belgium, but I couldn´t find the name in the internet. The reason why I´m asking is, that I ordered them from OTB and was quiet shocked how expensive the stuff was including shipping. I payed 65$ shipping to germany for a package of about 1.5 kg. From my point of view this is quiet much, because I had the same shipping fee at Tandy´s for a package wich was 5 times heavier.

This is why I´m searching the name of this company, because why I should re-import the rivets to europe when they are produced here ?!? This seems a bit illogical to me.

Hope someone can help me out :-)

Regards,

Marcel

I done a Kelllysearce/uk and came up with nothing. All my boxes have OTB on the outside and the say made in Belgum.

Good luck.

Hey, are you sure they are made in Belgium?Never heard about it...

In case:i'm living in Bruxelles ( Belgium ),gonna give a search...i let you know.

Hey, are you sure they are made in Belgium?Never heard about it...

In case:i'm living in Bruxelles ( Belgium ),gonna give a search...i let you know.

Yes, I´m sure. As Randy Cornelius said, on the boxes there is written that they are from belgium. I also heard that some good rivets come from there, but I wasn´t able to find any of the manufacturers.

Thx also to the others for their help.

Regards,

Marcel

Ok,Randy can you send a pic of the "Made in Belgium",no others references?

OTB = means ?

Marcel,i'm sorry,i just want to be sure,because i've search a lot and never find something here(my country),i just want to help,if i can...

I'm gonna have a lot of time next weeks,will try to search again.

Yes, I´m sure. As Randy Cornelius said, on the boxes there is written that they are from belgium. I also heard that some good rivets come from there, but I wasn´t able to find any of the manufacturers.

Thx also to the others for their help.

Regards,

Marcel

I've heard the same about Belgium-made rivets. My boxes also state "made in Belgium".

ed

OTB = means ?

Marcel,i'm sorry,i just want to be sure,because i've search a lot and never find something here(my country),i just want to help,if i can...

As far as I know, OTB means Ohio Travel Bag.

Ohio Travel Bag website

L'Bum

OTB = means ?

At the moment I´m at work and could not scan the rivet box. But I have the bill from Ohio Tavel Bag (OTB) here. Nicely they write also the Origin Country of the product onto the Bill and there written "BE", so the country code for Belgium.

I wasn´t also not able to find something in the Internet. I tried also goggle.be, but just with the english words. So it can be that google couldn´t find anything, when the websites are not in english :-(

Maybe you have some better luck. I was a little bit worried, because "Jiffy Rivet" is a trademark, so this should be also found via the internet.

But maybe the manufacturer has no website ?!?

Regards,

Marcel

Edited by adamant-leather

At the moment I´m at work and could not scan the rivet box. But I have the bill from Ohio Tavel Bag (OTB) here. Nicely they write also the Origin Country of the product onto the Bill and there written "BE", so the country code for Belgium.

I wasn´t also not able to find something in the Internet. I tried also goggle.be, but just with the english words. So it can be that google couldn´t find anything, when the websites are not in english :-(

Maybe you have some better luck. I was a little bit worried, because "Jiffy Rivet" is a trademark, so this should be also found via the internet.

But maybe the manufacturer has no website ?!?

Regards,

Marcel

I called Ohio Travel Bags to pump to get information about the company. They wouldn't give it. There is a guy on Ebay who sells these rivets. Not sure if he gets them in the U.S. or directly from Belgium, but I'll ask him.

ed

L'Bum,thank's.I've learn one more thing today.

Ed,if you can have more information,this would be great.

Marcel,i'm gonna give a search next week.It's more easy for me,because i can call,search on the web,but we have online search in the industry...(it's a book with all numbers etc...)

Tomorow i go to the hospital for medium surgery,so i'l be back next week.

Might be worth looking into this outfit

http://usineunion.belgium-products.com/en

THX for that link Peter. It seems to be the right company. At least the article number of the rivets are the same compared to the one from OTB. How did you got that information ?!? Interesting is, that the export agency from them for US is OTB :D

@esantoro

I mailed OTB also yesterday. And they also said to me that they could not give out this information. But it seems that we got it anyway...

Have a nice weekend,

Marcel

Might be worth looking into this outfit

http://usineunion.belgium-products.com/en

Grrr,i just come too late...Well done Peter.

For information:it's just in my town...i live 15 min far from this supplier.If you want that i take contact with this supplier,let me know.

I'm a hobbiest,so no Tax ID...But a phone call or a visit to this supplier,cost nothing to me,feel free !

Alex

I second that, great job, Peter. I love finding out information we're not supposed to have. If it's possible to work out some kind of deal for a bulk order, I'm in.

Ed

I know this is a terribly old thread, but that link doesn't seem to be correct anymore. Does anyone know how to get in touch with the manufacturer of the brass jiffy rivets?

Thanks!