esantoro

weatherproofing test

Here's a quick comparison test I did with

Sno-Seal

Aussie Wax

Montana Pitch Blend

Leather used is Indian Tan Latigo

I'm beginning to think the difference among various conditioners with weatherproofing properties is a situation where the emperor has no clothes.

Ed

wptest_beaded.jpg

wptest_wiped.jpg

post-853-1215039458.jpg

post-853-1215039465.jpg

Good info. Thanks. Where do you get Montana Pitch Blend?

ArtS

I'm beginning to think the difference among various conditioners with weatherproofing properties is a situation where the emperor has no clothes.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Guess capillary action will draw the water in but then again maybe the fiber will not get as wet and dry faster? Just looking for the silver lining :P

singteck

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Guess capillary action will draw the water in but then again maybe the fiber will not get as wet and dry faster? Just looking for the silver lining :P

singteck

I'm just not sure there's such a big difference between a beeswax weatherproofer costing $5 and one costing $20. They all seem to work the same.

For the Montana Pitch Blend, rather expensive, I used a sample sent me by the company.

Ed

I'm just not sure there's such a big difference between a beeswax weatherproofer costing $5 and one costing $20. They all seem to work the same.

For the Montana Pitch Blend, rather expensive, I used a sample sent me by the company.

Ed

I was using snow seal 25 years ago on boots. Had forgotten about it. Worked well. Diffrence between a $5 and $20 weatherproffer? Marketing hype? Thanks for taking the time to do a comparrison test.

For this quick test, I rubbed in a bit of each of the beeswax weatherproofers/conditioners, added a droplet of water to each, and a few minutes later I wiped off the water.

For the next test I will be more detailed:

1. Rub in more of each weatherproofer, and do at least three applications.

2. take pictures of the droplets of water after longer durations: immediate, five minutes, ten minutes, thirty minutes.

3. Use veg tan

ed

Ennnnnnteresting.

:yes:

I look forward to the next test.