Sign in to follow this  
SmilinJim

A simple leash

Hi folks,

Not sure if this should have been posted here or where???? Anyway, WildRose and a couple of others wanted to know about the spiral 'braid' I did on another leash I posted. Not really a braid just a couple of loops in the leather. Look at the pics and No1 shows a plain leash of oil tanned leather, riveted with a slit for the spirals. No 2, just bring the end of leash through the slit. No 3 you have started the spiral. No 4 bring the end through the slit again and then No 5 the finished leash. Sdjust the spirals as needed. If using veg tanned do the edges in contrasting colors or do 2 different colors on opposite sides of the leash. You can get a lot of effects that draws attention. Sorry if posted in wrong place. But hope it helps.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

Leash1.JPG

leash2.JPG

leash3.JPG

leash4.JPG

leash5.JPG

Leash1.JPG

leash2.JPG

leash3.JPG

leash4.JPG

leash5.JPG

post-41-1244938490_thumb.jpg

post-41-1244938536_thumb.jpg

post-41-1244938574_thumb.jpg

post-41-1244938604_thumb.jpg

post-41-1244938651_thumb.jpg

Thanks! I've been wanting to make something like this, and that helps alot :You_Rock_Emoticon: I moved it to "how do I do that?" since it seemed to fit better...