Angel Tath

Best Place To Buy Leather?

Hello!

I'm still pretty new to the world of leather crafting, and as such I have only ever worked with scrap leather and pieces from hobby shops. I've never bought leather online, and I would be very grateful if some of you could tell me places you've purchased leather from in the past with good results. As far as the kind of leather I want to buy, I mostly want tooling leather and garment/shoe leather (and later, as my skill grows, leather to make armor with).

I haven't got a "specialty" yet; I'm just looking to try out what I can, but I don't know where to get quality leather. (Someone suggested I try Tandy, but they only seem to sell whole hides and I would prefer to shop by square foot, if that's possible).

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and help -- I know there are a lot of experienced leather crafters on this site and I am very grateful for your willingness to help out the newbies. :)

Thanks!

The place I like the best for all around leather is Springfield Leather I think there is a banner on top of this web site. you can get a very wide selection of types and amounts. Most other places will only sell sides. If I want a side of vegtable tanned leather the best place I've fornd is Panhandle Leather at http://panhandleleather.com/Hermann-Oak_c42.htm

If you want Horween Leather try here http://www.maverickleathercompany.com/#!horween Other people have their favorites but these are mine. Rob

Isn't Herman oak leather, Herman Oak leather despite where I get it from? Currious as to whether or not there is a difference from Springfield's HO to panhandles HO. ??