Sign in to follow this  
JLSleather

Veg tan Tooling Leather

Okay, picture a guy bug-eyed from reading the posts and picking his nose (in "deep" thought smile.gif ). Somebody give me the short version on 1 or 2 good bets on some decent carving leather -- 3/4 oz and 8/9 oz. I used to buy quite a bit from The Leather Factory, BEFORE it was Tandy Leather Factory. Now, I just don't like the idea of paying $2/ft more for the same hide.

SO - tell me a good place to buy a couple of hides. I'm thinking that way if I don't get the skins I want, it'll be your fault smile.gif

No, really, somebody recommend somebody (guessing Keving has one vote for Springfield smile.gif ) Oh, yeah, don't care about the occasional hack mark, but I want good natural color ...

Edited by JLSleather

Just check out the add banners at the top of the page.

Quick and simple: http://www.wickett-craig.com/ Even their #3 sides are sweet

Edited by Timd

#&$@$&%%$&$#$$@#@!

Ordered a 3/4 oz "middle of the road" hide, and got back a 2 1/2 oz hide (approx) that looks like it's FROM the middle of the road -- and a credit slip. Just ordered 1 hide so I could see what they have. Guess now I know what they have, or maybe this is just what they send people who aren't looking them in the face (?). Credit slip???? If I wanted the money, I wouldn't have ordered the hide!

No, I can't say where it was, because to do that I'd have to give them a chance to FIX it, which I'm not doing (wasn't W/C referred to above, though). Probably good that he's quite a way off ... can't really afford the bad hide, the replacement hide, AND the bail money ...

It doesn't do you, or anyone else, any good to rant about a bad hide,& not say who it was, or give them a chance to fix the deal. I have had to send more than a couple of hides back, but every supplier has always come through with a good one to make me happy. Just sayin, hides cost $. If yer not happy get yer money back, or give them a chance to make good. Keepin a bad hide just doesn't make sense to me.