outcast

Latest seat I've done

I did this a couple of weeks ago. My son, & I both have old ironheads.

ironheadseat_010.jpg

ironheadseat_007.jpg

post-4940-1201183896_thumb.jpg

post-4940-1201184008_thumb.jpg

looks pretty smooth and i like the design

Nice

Great design. That color looks really good.

Darn, I'm gonna have a go at a Harley seat sometime soon and that is one of the design I was out to do! Got half a template done, bummer!

Well, there are plenty more designs to go for and it was great to see how wonderful it looks on leather.

Nice work!

Tom

Very nicely done.

Ken

Thanks everyone! Tom, I googled " the reaper" and 75% of the images that come up were that design. I thought it was pretty cool & thought it was only fitting that it went on an ironhead sportster. I'm sure it's being used by hundreds if not thousands of tattoo artists worldwide, and I don't think it would be out of line to put it on yer seat either. So, go for it if ya like it.

Steve

Edited by outcast

Thank you for that!

I'm not sure what will go on anyway cu'z I'll be getting a spare from a buddy and if he likes it he will buy it for cost of leather n labour, if not we just sell it and split somewhere (if there is any market in Sweden?).

Best regards!

Tom

Thats a nice looking seat. I have a question for you. What do you seal them with. Im really new and jsut been picking up as much as I can about doing seats. Thanks

Since Max brought up a sealer question I just fill in with some more and excuse me Steve for hijacking the thread a bit.

I would like to hear if anyone ever tried the acrylic sprays for bikeseats and if it could do well. Reason for this is the limited sealers available here in Sweden. Pecards doesn't even exist.

It says saddle lac on all those acrylic cans so I figured a seat is just a variation of saddle ( I guess).

Thanks

Tom

Tom, you can buy Pecards off their website: http://www.pecard.com/store.php/

And I was thinking the same exact thing the other day while thinking about what to use to finish/seal my seats... it is just like a saddle, what do saddle makers use to seal their seats?

I've used several different sealers, and they all seem to work pretty good. Pecard Leather Dressing is quite popular with a lot of seat makers right now, although Feibing's Aussie Leather Conditioner w/ Beeswax seams to work just about as well IMO. I've also used Fiebing's Leather balm w/ atom wax. Seems to work ok but I just don't like it as much as the other two because it's not resistant to freezing temps according to the label.

Steve

Edited by outcast

Nice seat man. Gotta love the tribal Grim. One of the first things i tooled was that design. It's on the barstool i use when i do my leather work.

Tom, you can buy Pecards off their website: http://www.pecard.com/store.php/And I was thinking the same exact thing the other day while thinking about what to use to finish/seal my seats... it is just like a saddle, what do saddle makers use to seal their seats?

Thank you for the link.

I've been thinking about ordering from Pecards but I'd prefer to use something that's is a bit more accessible from my location and there seems to be very few items to choose from and most of them seem to be in the leathercare/conditioner compartment such sa neatsfoots oil, lexol and I'm not sure those products hold it up as a sealer. My first seat might be black so I'm also worried about crocking.

Confused

Tom

Edited by TomSwede