craftstack

New Marketplace For Leatherworkers To Sell Their Products! 4 Months Free!

There a NEW Marketplace that has just launched! All leather workers who sign up receive 4 MONTHS FREE RIGHT AWAY!!

Come on over and sign up with us and start listing your products and selling TODAY!!

www.CraftStack.com

CraftStack is a wonderful Online marketplace that offer all craftsmen and Leather artisans a popular storefront to list and sell all their work. Come on by: www.craftstack.com

EVERYONE RECEIVES 4 MONTHS OF LISTING AND SALES!

Can you explain to me and the others here on leatherworker.net that if as you say in your other post that you have fixed everything, and that your security certificate is good, why does your site keep showing this when I try to log onto it??????

post-1605-0-48036800-1351410494_thumb.jp

Edited by Beaverslayer

I checked it out and FF won't get to it.

IE will access it, but still pops up security questions. Load speed is abysmal.

Chrome will access it AND shows it as a secure site. Load speed is just above abysmal.

It's almost like there's a proxy server in North Carolina that's talking to another server somewhere else in the world.

All 9 pages will show, but the search function yields ZERO results, whether I search, 'category', 'primary material', or 'price range'...or any combination of those.

Over a month ago the site claimed they would have everything squared away. That still needs to happen, IMO.

Currently, the pages don't display in all browsers and not all the functions work on the pages.

To the owner/operator of Craftstack.com........there's still a LOT of things you need to get repaired, and some things you need to develop. Some of the 'issues' described by Cyberthrasher were wholly accepted, yet never implemented. I'm NOT an IT pro, but have dabbled enough to spot things that concern me. And a site that is released as 'ready to go', but isn't....well, that's one of them. Especially after 2 'pre-releases' to help identify problems.

The whole thing has one of two feelings to me- 1st is that you have a pretty good idea and are trying to run a site on your own, struggling through some of the technical issues. You're having problems with the tech side because you either won't or can't hire someone who speaks 'computer'. Either way, your efforts are suffering because of it.

The second feeling....well, unless there's some reported problems, I won't voice them.

In today's world of LOTS of people looking for work, I have a hard time conceiving that you can't find an IT professional or computer science major that isn't looking for a little side work.

I'm gonna bump this up to the boss, who IS an IT professional and get her input.

Incidentally, this is the 3rd announcement of a "new site" and offering 4 free months...seems like they're trying too hard.

And if this site has just started.....how can they be "popular"?

I just clicked checked the provided link and saw no security warnings with Firefox. It does show up as https and popped up very quickly. At first glance, it looks very much like an early rendition of etsy. There is a fair amount of items available to choose from and does look like it could be promising.

Funny thing is, I was actually expecting it to look terrible, throw up all sorts of scammer-like red flags, and have nothing but fake stuff from China listed. It was nothing like that and even had a bit of a professional touch to it.

I did not sign up for anything and only gave it a quick look around, so take it for what it's worth...

I just clicked checked the provided link and saw no security warnings with Firefox. It does show up as https and popped up very quickly. At first glance, it looks very much like an early rendition of etsy. There is a fair amount of items available to choose from and does look like it could be promising.

Funny thing is, I was actually expecting it to look terrible, throw up all sorts of scammer-like red flags, and have nothing but fake stuff from China listed. It was nothing like that and even had a bit of a professional touch to it.

I did not sign up for anything and only gave it a quick look around, so take it for what it's worth...

THANK YOU! Just as Ive told everyone, everything is working properly and much time and money has gone into this company and site to ensure things run and work smoothly and safely.

For further warm and fuzzy feelings..... I just checked everything out with the ssl certificates and it is all verified and functional (though I'm still getting errors in my Firefox - but that's a different story). it's all secure and valid with a full certificate chain from known issuer.

I checked it out and FF won't get to it.

IE will access it, but still pops up security questions. Load speed is abysmal.

Chrome will access it AND shows it as a secure site. Load speed is just above abysmal.

It's almost like there's a proxy server in North Carolina that's talking to another server somewhere else in the world.

All 9 pages will show, but the search function yields ZERO results, whether I search, 'category', 'primary material', or 'price range'...or any combination of those.

Over a month ago the site claimed they would have everything squared away. That still needs to happen, IMO.

Currently, the pages don't display in all browsers and not all the functions work on the pages.

To the owner/operator of Craftstack.com........there's still a LOT of things you need to get repaired, and some things you need to develop. Some of the 'issues' described by Cyberthrasher were wholly accepted, yet never implemented. I'm NOT an IT pro, but have dabbled enough to spot things that concern me. And a site that is released as 'ready to go', but isn't....well, that's one of them. Especially after 2 'pre-releases' to help identify problems.

The whole thing has one of two feelings to me- 1st is that you have a pretty good idea and are trying to run a site on your own, struggling through some of the technical issues. You're having problems with the tech side because you either won't or can't hire someone who speaks 'computer'. Either way, your efforts are suffering because of it.

The second feeling....well, unless there's some reported problems, I won't voice them.

In today's world of LOTS of people looking for work, I have a hard time conceiving that you can't find an IT professional or computer science major that isn't looking for a little side work.

I'm gonna bump this up to the boss, who IS an IT professional and get her input.

Incidentally, this is the 3rd announcement of a "new site" and offering 4 free months...seems like they're trying too hard.

And if this site has just started.....how can they be "popular"?

We indeed are a new company and marketplace, which leads us to why we are offering 4 months free to all seller signing up for Premium. And after, it's $10.95 after, monthly. Our sims reason for this offer is to increase interest, not desperation. We have much competition and we need exposure to gain popularity so by offer each vendor free time with us it brings interest. I am indeed running the business end of the company, WE DO have a team, and a fantastic one, of developers and 2 designers that have done the look design and the developers handle the building, debugging, all technical issues, and all things in between.

I'm sure it's troubling that in Firefox you found that error however as "Cyberthrasher" has said below, all security measure have been taken and it could very well be that you have an old version saved in your Cache of our site, we recommend you clear your cache and make sure your version of Firefox is of the newest version of your browsers is on your computer. Ill be happy to assist you with anythig I can to make your time with CraftStack pleasurable.

Sincerely,

CraftStack

CraftStack was just interviewed! The interview has just recently been published and we wanted to share it with all of you!

http://sellingtogiftshops.com/2012/11/05/announcing-craftstack-a-new-online-marketplace/

Sincerely,

The CraftStack Team

Not to say the site is good or bad, just another angle ...

We quit Etsy because we just couldn't see our leather 'showcased' along side of jewelry and t-shirts.

I just checked the site again. Https on home page. That's not necessary, except in the shopping cart. Page loaded fairly well, but the computer was grinding trying to load everything. Looked at the source code, and it seems there's a lot of java script loading, probably the reason for people getting the slow loads, switch to html5.

Search box finally worked for me. Overall impression is that it's better, but not a modern interpretation of an international website geared to high sales volume. Hey, but any option for people to makes sales in these times is good, and I wish you luck in developing and growing.

11 bucks a month? That's really not a great deal for the hobbyist trying to sell a few items here and there. Why the monthly fee vise a posting fee?

Country Trash,

Thank you for your comment regarding CraftStack. We currently actually offer 2 different plans for seller's. We offer a Basic Plan that is $6.95 monthly that is geared toward folks only looking to list maybe between a few and a handful of items. We then offer a Premium Plan that is $10.95 monthly that is for folks who care to list lots of items or who maybe are involved in what they create as more of a career. Both plans offer unlimited listings though.

We spent around 2 months researching how we would do our plans and pricing. It was not an easy task at all. We settled on one simple inexpensive monthly fee because we found that companies really rack up charging their vendors when there are listing fee's for EVERY item listed and each quantity listed , fees EVERY time you re-list an item, commission % fees of 3%-5% of each sale you make, and then more fees to PayPal. We wanted to move away from seller's being charged so many different ways and make it easy, simple, and less expensive in the long run.

I hope I answered your questions fully. If there's anything else that I can assist you with, please let me know!

And that answer to the question about fees is the first thing that make sense, from a business perspective. I too will be leaving Etsy when my listings expire in Janurary. It is ridiculous to have all of those fees and commissions attached to an item plus your payment processing fees, especially when your presentation outlet is more a collection of non-related items or substandard quality goods.

I will currently maintain my presence through my own site at this time and continue to research other outlets.

Country Trash,

Thank you for your comment regarding CraftStack. We currently actually offer 2 different plans for seller's. We offer a Basic Plan that is $6.95 monthly that is geared toward folks only looking to list maybe between a few and a handful of items. We then offer a Premium Plan that is $10.95 monthly that is for folks who care to list lots of items or who maybe are involved in what they create as more of a career. Both plans offer unlimited listings though.

We spent around 2 months researching how we would do our plans and pricing. It was not an easy task at all. We settled on one simple inexpensive monthly fee because we found that companies really rack up charging their vendors when there are listing fee's for EVERY item listed and each quantity listed , fees EVERY time you re-list an item, commission % fees of 3%-5% of each sale you make, and then more fees to PayPal. We wanted to move away from seller's being charged so many different ways and make it easy, simple, and less expensive in the long run.

I hope I answered your questions fully. If there's anything else that I can assist you with, please let me know!

Just fyi, I tried to link from your interview page and received security warning. Something to work on. I will try from MSN Homepage.

God Bless and hope it works out.

Ray

Tried today.

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect

securely to www.craftstack.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,

sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are

going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to

this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is

trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

www.craftstack.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 8/11/2013 5:59 PM. The current time is 9/2/2013 7:58 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

Sorry but I dont trust this site yet.

www.craftstack.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 8/11/2013 5:59 PM. The current time is 9/2/2013 7:58 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

Sorry but I dont trust this site yet.

This is a common problem with SSL sites. I can vouch for the site and Justin, who runs it. It just looks like the security certificate he purchased for the site has expired in August. I'll see if I can get in touch with him to let him know. Justin is an upstanding guy who's trying really hard to get us all a good site to sell our goods that will also help with opening up new markets.

I'll add that I never knew Justin before he originally posted his site here. But, I've had several opportunities to work with him since then.