EmbossingDieCompany

Confederate Flag Stamp

Now that the Confederate Flag has pretty much been banned everywhere from Amazon to Walmart, I thought that I would set up a listing for this 2" wide stamp......it's $40.....and if you want a different size, just let me know.

post-16724-0-92620200-1435503714_thumb.j

"Banned" is the wrong word since you can still make as many of those as you want with zero repercussions.

I want to buy one of the 2” rebel flag stamps you have advertised for $40.00. Please respond. Thanks, Billy. 

My state is the only sate left that will tell you to KISS MY ASS  we are NOT getting rid of the REBEL FLAG

It was voted on by the People Of Mississippi.  And If the people of mississippi want it gone then WE will vote it gone

NO GD GUBMENT SOB will tell US otherwise

The Rebel flag stands for Heritage NOT HATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A wallet A friend commissioned   me to make

rebel wallet.jpg

1. as nice as it is I would have used star shaped rivets. You can get them with fold over tags, rivet-on or screw backs. The rivet-on are in two types. a ready-rivet type or a nail type. The stars can also be got in silver, gold, black, copper, bronze, gun-metal colours. I think if you could remake this with the star rivets your pal will like it that much more

1a. If I was doing this, not only would I use star rivets, I would deepen and widen the flag lines, use different coloured dyes, or paints, for the flag's coloured areas and use a white or silver paint pen in the wider flag lines

Polite remark: If the flag is important to you take extra time and care representing it.

2. a great-grandfather on my paternal side fought against people carrying this flag. Here in N.I. people only associate this flag with the tv show 'Dukes of Hazzard'!

3. I might just make a wallet as in 1a above just for the heck of it.

On 4/16/2020 at 4:25 AM, fredk said:

1. as nice as it is I would have used star shaped rivets. You can get them with fold over tags, rivet-on or screw backs. The rivet-on are in two types. a ready-rivet type or a nail type. The stars can also be got in silver, gold, black, copper, bronze, gun-metal colours. I think if you could remake this with the star rivets your pal will like it that much more

1a. If I was doing this, not only would I use star rivets, I would deepen and widen the flag lines, use different coloured dyes, or paints, for the flag's coloured areas and use a white or silver paint pen in the wider flag lines

Polite remark: If the flag is important to you take extra time and care representing it.

2. a great-grandfather on my paternal side fought against people carrying this flag. Here in N.I. people only associate this flag with the tv show 'Dukes of Hazzard'!

3. I might just make a wallet as in 1a above just for the heck of it.

That is the first thing I ever made out of leather and I am damn proud of the ugly sob  

I am sorry that the people of NI are ignorant as to the history of the south but that is what it is  

I can show you dozens of grave yards with confederate soldiers. . Black And White soldiers that disagree with the north in what that flag stands for

Was our country wrong in having slaves?  Yes it was.  Did the UK  have a hand in slavery? 

You bet your ass they did.  Transatlantic slave traders Slave Trade was the richest part of Britain's trade in the 18th century.

Slaves built Bristol, Liverpool and London  

Tidbit of fact.   The rebel flag was hijacked by the white arian groups  Much like the swastika was hijacked from budist monks 

26 minutes ago, Frodo said:

I am sorry that the people of NI are ignorant as to the history of the south but that is what it is  

I can show you dozens of grave yards with confederate soldiers. . Black And White soldiers that disagree with the north in what that flag stands for

Was our country wrong in having slaves?  Yes it was.  Did the UK  have a hand in slavery? 

You bet your ass they did.  Transatlantic slave traders Slave Trade was the richest part of Britain's trade in the 18th century.

Tidbit of fact.   The rebel flag was hijacked by the white arian groups  Much like the swastika was hijacked from budist monks 

Random related fact: My great-great grandfather was a Civil War veteran who joined and fought in a Wisconsin regiment only a few years after moving to the USA from Norway. (I doubt he joined up to either "save the Union" or to "free the slaves" as many pundits have claimed the war was about.) Many men (and a few women) fought for many reasons in that war.
It's too bad that many people assign the Confederate battle flag the meaning of pro-slavery, when that isn't truly accurate. After all, legal slavery existed in the USA under the earlier US flags... so technically whatever flag the US used in the early 1800s was "pro-slavery," yet those flags don't have the same reputation. 

But as for the swastika, it wasn't actually hijacked from Buddhist monks. Yes, the swastika is part of Buddhist culture, and it is located on many Buddhist temples (many in Korea, for example, which freaks out Americans and other Westerners who are unaware of the symbol's past history in Asia). 
The swastika is also part of prehistoric European history, the first examples found in 12,000 year old artifacts in the Ukraine. It is also found in medieval contexts.
Hitler and his goons took a nearly universal symbol with millenia of history behind it and assigned it a new meaning. That Nazi context, unfortunately, is the meaning that has stuck with modern Westerners.

Getting back to leather -- that wallet has seen a lot of use! Do the rivets make the wallet "stick" in the pockets or slide out?
Here's my first wallet, which I still use: <http://djole.altervista.org/djole/Publications/Leather/Wallet/wallet.htm>

On 4/17/2020 at 2:08 PM, Frodo said:

That is the first thing I ever made out of leather and I am damn proud of the ugly sob  

I don't know if the folks in Northern Ireland can reasonably be expected to know too much about the history of the Southern United States any more than Southerners could be expected to know the history of Ireland.

For all the talk of heritage, the people I see wearing and promoting the Confederate flag tend to be willfully ignorant and also racist.  southern pride us just another word for enmity... as is all pride in us vs them groups. 

It's not often I see a black person reminding us of that heritage or even as members of the groups that promote this 'heritage'.  I can safely say that people in the south sure deal with a lot of race issues... still... in 2020.

In the meantime, MS is busy enough with Confederate Heritage Month.  Remember "Mississippi’s never going to be China"?  That statement has some funny implications about how others are viewed, and was said by the Governor of MS what, a.month ago?

Back to the stamps, the original post is almost five years old.  I think we can say it's gone as far as it needs to.