Just got a new pair of boots and I accidentally walked through a salted snow bank with them. Anyone got any tricks to get the salt off?

I have some stuff called URAD that will do it. You can buy it from their website. Just google urad and it should come up.

Hi Gear.

Kelly's De-Salter, Kelly's is a company owned by Fiebing that manufactures products for the Retail/Wholesale shoe trade. Most shoe trade wholesale houses have the Kelly's line. Price guideline is $2.50 for a 4 oz bottle. Google it for a supplier.

Art

Just got a new pair of boots and I accidentally walked through a salted snow bank with them. Anyone got any tricks to get the salt off?

I have been lucky with a mild dish soap bath, rinse clean and let dry. Guess that all depends on the leather and the finish on it, I suppose. Let us know what you decide to do, and what works!

Johanna

I found a recipe online for homemade desalter. Basically just water and white wine vinegar. I might give that a try first and if it doesn't work I'll spring for the commercial stuff. I'll post some before and after pics too