thekid77

How To Secure Bifold Wallet Liner?

I have read Kevin Kings tutorial about wallets and was wondering, how do you guys secure wallet lining in the bill pocket along the edges??

The problem seems to be, that if you get the fabric close enough to the perimeter edges of the wallet (close enough to get caught up in the stitching), it will show through the leather edges...

If the fabric isnt caught in the stitching, is it enough for it to be cemented down asking the perimeter, then stitched along the top edges of the bill pocket??

How do you guys do this?

Kevin's way of doing this is to have a bound edge, which will hide the fabric at the edge. You can also stop just short of the edge by about 1/8th inch. Then, you only have leather meeting at the edges, and it's glued together. When you sew it, the stitch line should be in far enough to catch the fabric, and by stopping 1/8th" away, that should still give you plenty of room to sew close to the edge....just not ON the edge.

Kevin's way of doing this is to have a bound edge, which will hide the fabric at the edge. You can also stop just short of the edge by about 1/8th inch. Then, you only have leather meeting at the edges, and it's glued together. When you sew it, the stitch line should be in far enough to catch the fabric, and by stopping 1/8th" away, that should still give you plenty of room to sew close to the edge....just not ON the edge.

Thanks for the advice Twin, so, do you suggest stitching further in than 1/8"?

Kidd77 -------------------

I agree with Twin Oaks. !

I was trying to explain this exact method a week or two ago,

But could not get my thoughts over thoroughly enough to be of any help to that fellow worker.

By my discription others thought maybe not. Now hopefully this seems clear.

Nicely put Twin Oaks , Thanx ------ Wild Bill46

Kidd77 -------------------

I agree with Twin Oaks. !

I was trying to explain this exact method a week or two ago,

But could not get my thoughts over thoroughly enough to be of any help to that fellow worker.

By my discription others thought maybe not. Now hopefully this seems clear.

Nicely put Twin Oaks , Thanx ------ Wild Bill46

Thanks for the input!! I really appreciate all of the help :D