Studio-N

This...is....sparta! Two New Warrior Embossing Plates.

These are a couple of new plates for a roper/checkbook wallet with a warrior male and female.

Size measures 3x6" on each. The plates are cut into delrin plastic.

These are my favorite ones I've done to date. Probably becuase i love those types of movies and shows (the 300, Atlantis, Hercules).

Cheers!

post-2828-0-38819500-1421084819_thumb.jp

post-2828-0-57402300-1421084868_thumb.jp

post-2828-0-76783900-1421084881_thumb.jp

OK. I have an embosser that I use for metalwork and general crafts. I want plates like that! other topics will be great too!

Wow, I love it! Where did you get them done?

In my garage. 'tis what I do.

OK. I have an embosser that I use for metalwork and general crafts. I want plates like that! other topics will be great too!

Just check my content here for some of my other recent plates or my website for the hundreds of stamps

I've produced.

Fantastic work. Is the artwork yours as well? Once I get myself a shop press we may have to have a chat about what you charge. :)

In this case, the original artwork was not mine. These were 3d CNC models for woodworking (cribbige board I think).

When i find a good model, I try to adapt them for leatherwork. I have made a few 3d models myself (check the Alien and the facehugger and some of my other content).

for the regular 2d stamps and plates, I use the laser engraver to make them. These were done on a CNC router and took 10 hours total to do (so hardly a mass production piece). I should point out, that most CNC art is free licenced so long as you are selling something made from the art and not the art files themselves.

Cheers!

Love that! im guessing that i would need some kind of press to "stamp" it into the leather?

thank you. Yes, a press is necessary. the shop press does it all at once but it can be done with an arbor press.

Basically arbor press has a 1" square ram. So start in one corner and press. Move over 1 inch. Rinse and repeat

until you've covered the whole back. You can then come back and overlap where needed. cheers!

These are some of the coolest you've done, hands down. I'm currently rebuilding my mill for improved accuracy and to better seal my coolant enclosure.

Chris

thank you Chris