Sign in to follow this  
SojournerLeather

Argentine leatherwork

I recently joined leatherworker.net's forums, and there was a little interest in seeing some more Argentine leatherwork. So, I'm going to post a couple more pics of my work, and then I thought it may be a treat to see some pics of the work of the leathermaster that taught us, Enrique Valdez. The books are mine, the purses are Enrique's.

Most of my pics can be found on our business' website at www.sojournerleather.com. There's more pics from my first thread here (http://www.leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2317). More of Valdez' work will be available once I've designed a nice site for him. (We're thinking of importing some of his work here to give him a little more business.)

lail102_1.jpg

margarite101_1.jpg

pm_lail101_main1.jpg

ren102_2.jpg

victorian101_1.jpg

lineup.jpg

modelo_luz_art_c02.jpg

modelo_luz_art_c08.jpg

modelo_michaela_art_c57.jpg

post-5051-1192920180_thumb.jpg

post-5051-1192920230_thumb.jpg

post-5051-1192920261_thumb.jpg

post-5051-1192920279_thumb.jpg

post-5051-1192920300_thumb.jpg

post-5051-1192920361_thumb.jpg

post-5051-1192920373_thumb.jpg

post-5051-1192920399_thumb.jpg

post-5051-1192920422_thumb.jpg

Edited by SojournerLeather

That is beautiful work sojourner, I'm very impressed with the designs of your purses, and the stamping is just wonderful.

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing more.

Ken

Sojourner, thanks for posting more pics. Those bookcovers are beautiful, and Enrique's purses are true works of art. When you finish his web site, I hope you'll share his web address with us so we can check out more of his work. :thumbsup:

Best, -Alex

Hi Sojourner thats some great works of art i just love the colors and paterns you have going on there, how do you get the different colors to come out plese explain a bit more about you methods, Don

Let me get a little more organized over the next few days, and I will get with you privately about linking. Your work is terrific and unique, and I thank you for sharing it with us. Keep the pics coming!

Johanna

Thanks for the support, all. In the next couple weeks, we're planning on putting out a nice little tutorial that describes exactly what we do. We've got a couple shows coming up, so, we're working hard now at building up our inventory; so wish us luck!

I'll be glad to offer any tech assistance with this tutorial or someone else's, and we have plenty of space to host such things. :spoton:

Johanna

Johanna wrote:

Let me get a little more organized over the next few days, and I will get with you privately about linking. Your work is terrific and unique

That would be incredible. We're rather new to the web, so we'd especially appreciate it.

Johanna wrote:

I'll be glad to offer any tech assistance with this tutorial or someone else's, and we have plenty of space to host such things.

I'll be sure to be in contact with you regarding the tutorial once I've got it worked out.

Thanks Johanna!

Edited by SojournerLeather

Hmm I haven't seen those stamping tools before, were they custom or old discontinued? They're cool. I wish I had a more wide array of stamps.

The stamps were purchased in Argentina. My wife and I crawled through every major city looking for the small leather shops that sold the stamps. In Argentina, the leatherwork is more geometric than floral, so the leatherworker's pride is her stamps. The majority of the stamps made are hand cut and one of a kind designs. Usually there's symbolic meaning behind the stamps. When we came back to the states, we were aghast to find out that every leather store sells basically the same stuff, whereas in Argentina no two shops sell the same stamps! We were aghast because, had we known that, we would have bought three times as many (we came home with 25 I think).

1- Stamps and tools for leathercraft in Argentina, he is a maker. The website is not writed in english but you can look at the models.

http://www.herramientasdobleg.com.ar/produ..._mateadores.php

http://www.herramientasdobleg.com.ar/produ...do_rodillos.php

Be careful! They have a low price for Argentina and another very high price for foreign.

:thumbsdown:

2- Another website with an excellent argentinian leatherwork in english. They make their own tools.

http://www.en-cueros.com.ar

Edited by candyleather

Thanks for those links, Candy.

On the last one, en-cueros.com.ar, the content is pretty dense, and I can't find any mention of this fellow making his own tools. Where did you find that part?

-Alex

On the last one, en-cueros.com.ar, the content is pretty dense, and I can't find any mention of this fellow making his own tools. Where did you find that part?

-Alex

Thanks Alex. I have look any pic about tools in that website. Give me time and I'll send you the link.

-Alex

Here you have the pics with some stamps and punches, and pics with the works make it by the pupils of the courses.

http://www.en-cueros.com.ar/alumnos/cinceles.htm

By my experience, If you wish to buy anything you must to choose UPS for shipping, no away the argentinian postal service. For to know the prices write an e-mail here:

encueros.terrani@gmail.com

I found this page, Venta de Cinceles, but it states that tools are only for sale to students of his classes. Plus, I didn't see anything that mentioned that he made these tools himself...

I found this page, Venta de Cinceles, but it states that tools are only for sale to students of his classes. Plus, I didn't see anything that mentioned that he made these tools himself...

At the left of the last pic says "you can request a price list for export" and link you to this email encueros.terrani@gmail.com

These are some great website finds, guys. It also is a good way to begin to understand the differences between the leatherworking methods. You just can't find stamps like those being made in the U.S. (If you have, let us know! We'll make it worth your while!)