OK SO HERE IS THIS MONTHS CHALLENGE;

TIKI MADNESS!

Design or borrow a Tiki mask or full body, design Orchids or some other Flowers or TREES around it.

Rules;

1. YOU MUST ONLY USE 4 tools chosen from the LUCKY 7 tool Kit supplied from Tandy, you may not have the "KIT" but look at the picture and you may have something very similar or exactly what is supplied in the kit.

SWIVEL KNIFE

BEVELER

VEINER

PEAR SHADER

SEEDER

BACKGROUNDER

CAMOUFLAGE TOOL

CHOOSE ONLY 4 OF THE 7!

NOT CONSIDERED TOOLS:

COMPUTER

HAMMER

DIVIDERS

STRAIGHT EDGES

STYLUS / PENCIL

PAPERS / PLASTIC SHEETS

IF YOU JUST WANT TO MAKE A WALL HANGER THAT IS COOL...BUT I WELCOME MAKING SOMETHING ELSE USEFUL AS WELL.

MOTORCYCLE SEAT,BAG,BOOK COVER,BELT,COASTERS,KEY RING,COIN POUCH,SHOES,CATCH ALL FOR KEYS AND ASSORTED STUFF BY THE DOOR,BAR SIGN,...WHATEVER!

DESIGNS ARE NOT ONLY LIMITED TO TIKI AND FLOWERS/TREES, YOU CAN ADD ANY OTHER ELEMENT YOU WISH, AS LONG AS THOSE 2 ELEMENTS ARE INCLUDED.

LIKE A BEACH SCENE/ TIKI PARTY, BUT YOU CAN ONLY USE 4 OF THE 7 TOOLS PROVIDED IN THE KIT!

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!

post-28433-084035500 1333348782_thumb.jp

So, for clarity, we HAVE to have both a Tiki and some flowers of some sort at a minimum?

So, for clarity, we HAVE to have both a Tiki and some flowers of some sort at a minimum?

That's how I understand it. I've started now, so I hope it is right.

(I did think it a little unfair, has Mr chancey did a Tiki not so long ago) whistle.gif

YES:) Tiki + Flower or Tree:) (for Sly)

I see your wheels turning already!!!!!:)

That's how I understand it. I've started now, so I hope it is right.

(I did think it a little unfair, has Mr chancey did a Tiki not so long ago) whistle.gif

They are always a challenge and every one is different all the time:) And I hate doing flowers! So I out that in there as well cause I need to work on those! And they myth is that orchids in a ladies ear attracts the Tiki Gods:)

Besides that, according to the rules, NO SWIVEL BEVELERS!! So that might take Chancey down a hair temporarily :evillaugh:

Besides that, according to the rules, NO SWIVEL BEVELERS!! So that might take Chancey down a hair temporarily :evillaugh:

Well done16.gif, I missed that. Nice one thumbsup.gif

Think again guy!

I am just as swift with the old hammer style 2:) MUHAHAHAHA

I was a little rusty...but I have been practicing:) EVLLH!!!!!

head_hurts_kr.gifoh no!!!!!!!!I think this one is going to be a .................................................................................................

.......well I'll leave ya hanging...LMFAO!Lighten.gifrofl.gif

Edited by chancey77

I see your wheels turning already!!!!!:)

Hey are you spying?

post-29835-020341500 1333404303_thumb.pn

Sadly that's all I can do for a week or so.. I designed it for the 2mm leather I'm ordering, so can't do anything else until it turns up..

Actually, Chancy... It's 4 tools from the "BASIC 7"

Lucky 7 is a set of belt patterns. :)

Thanks for the trees.

Ok I am in.

The kids, ahem, and certainly not me, love the Scooby Doo Wiki Tiki Mystery so mine will be something along those lines.

Not that I watch a lot of cartoons or anything :)

Actually, Chancy... It's 4 tools from the "BASIC 7"

Lucky 7 is a set of belt patterns. :)

Thanks for the trees.

:) I just had Lucky 7 on the brain you are soooooooo right:)

Hey are you spying?

post-29835-020341500 1333404303_thumb.pn

Sadly that's all I can do for a week or so.. I designed it for the 2mm leather I'm ordering, so can't do anything else until it turns up..

Is that a wallet????? COOL SHAPE!

Tiki Steam Punk??? That is a strange combo for sure! hahaha It is tiki on the inside but on the outside it is all hardcore steam punk...

You have my attention!

Or is that just basic design and you where showing different options?

I get that...and if your just being weird that is OK TO!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha lololol

Is that a wallet????? COOL SHAPE!

Yeah, well coin purse.. It's based on an idea from an idea.. I couldn't find a pattern for the cutting so I made my own up.. Hmm, looking at video again, maybe I should have allowed a bit more for the outside folds..

Tiki Steam Punk??? That is a strange combo for sure! hahaha It is tiki on the inside but on the outside it is all hardcore steam punk...

Other way around.. I'd decided on the steam punk idea for this before I started in leathercraft, it's what my very first coaster was a practice run for. The bottom of the press studs will be the axles for the cogs :)

I wasn't entirely sure what to put on outside.. I kinda played with the idea of the outside of the machine, but it didn't feel right.. When I saw the challenge, I thought it was perfect for the outside to give a cool looking purse with the hidden steampunk detail..

I'll have to use v gouge, hole punch and stud setter to finish it.. Are assembly tools freebies in cases like this or should I put those stages in another thread?

Edited by Domino

I'll have to use v gouge, hole punch and stud setter to finish it.. Are assembly tools freebies in cases like this or should I put those stages in another thread?

Absolutely NOT... you want a hole... chew through it with your teeth. You want a gouge.... draw a line and bevel it deeply.

LOL just kidding... that is up to Chancy. I would think that is beyond the 4 tool allowance, plus the freebies.

Are assembly tools freebies in cases like this or should I put those stages in another thread?

OMG now you are certainly pushing it....hahahaha

No the challenge is about carving...so after you have it all carved and show it to us!!!! Assemble it and show it here when it is done then load it up in you gallery:)

Yeah, we always post the carving or whatever at that stage as the contest submission then update with the finished results.

I have some ideas rolling through my head, but nothing I've settled on yet.

Got mine sorted. Thought I'd try and do something with this one. It's got all the needed bits in it.smile.gif

Looking at it though, there's a few things I think I'll change, we'll see.

post-14765-057938800 1333470784_thumb.jp

Looking at it though, there's a few things I think I'll change, we'll see.

Rats.. I should have said that.. Good excuse when my carving looks nothing like my plan..

A little free hand work on a bracelet.

4 tools used: Pear Shader, Beveler, Seeder and Swivel Knife.

post-12848-020356600 1333492288_thumb.jp

NICE! THE FIRST CHALLENGE ENTRY AND THAT WAS FAST!

KILER JOB!

WHEN YOU FINISH IT POST IT UP!

THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING!

Very cool!!

Rats.. I should have said that.. Good excuse when my carving looks nothing like my plan..

I printed out my design and realized a few things did need changing.. I simplified the flower so I'd half a chance of getting a tool to it - I based it on a lliama (as used in leys) to match the theme. I also had to move the stud position, so I redid the cogs to make it more obvious they ran together across the panels and to leave space for personalization... So here's the new improved version.. Hopefully my leather will turn up before I change it again :)

post-29835-073741700 1333549194_thumb.pn

Very nice!! Can't wait to see what it looks like finished. I was planning another bracelet too, so now I gotta kick it up a notch.

Found this. Not sure waht to put on that would be useful. But I like hte look.

post-27800-061967100 1333560267_thumb.jp