Sign in to follow this  
theleatherdog

Want To Introduce Our Leather Goods To You Folks

Hello there,

Want to say hello to all and show off our leather goods which we personally make here in Colorado. If you know a good high end retailer/ shop/etc. where we can offer our wares I am all ears. Been doing the trade shows, website with not as much sucess as we have hoped for. Any ideas for us? Check us out on link below. Like I said all items handmade by us here in the good ole U.S.A and need some help with getting these to the right market.

Thank you and enjoy

http://www.skytoptrading.com/

The pullman case and iPad sleeve show some really nice work. Thanks for sharing!

Stunning work! i really like how the bags connect to each other. Your latches are also very nice!

I am curious, are your bags lined?

It's a shame that you aren't selling what you thought you would. I was reading another thread and found these words to ring true:

"I fixed a lot of Coach and Vitton and other designer handbags when we had the shop, and I don't see the quality of the workmanship improving. Cheap hardware, cheap leather or fake leather trim and panels, flimsy snaps and straps- junk. High priced junk. And the ladies wanted them repaired. They carry them for the prestige of the logo and because they match their outfit, not because the bag is practical. Keep me posted with what you come up with, Ed.

~J "

It seems like you place some emphasis on Apple with your iPad and iPhone cases, and on one of your videos you pan out to show a Mac computer. For some reason that makes me wonder who you are marketing to.

Here is my ridiculously naive and simplistic view. Keep in mind that I really do like your work and believe your prices are fair.

Middle age women:"I can buy a Coach Bag for that price...and people will instantly know the value. At the very least I know I can get $xxx on eBay for the Coach bag when we max out the credit cards."

Camera Men:"I don't want my camera to be housed in leather when I can have a padded bag or case with pockets. Plus thieves may not know what is inside. Oh, look! This brand has a warranty against damages...."

The youth: "LOL, OMG"

So that leaves us with people who are not brand eccentric, higher society, and care about paying extra for 'Made In The USA'.

Think I couldn't be any more narrow minded or naive? I'm taking it further! Let's take a look at your stereotypical audience-

Affluent, older businessmen or retirees. This stereotype stereotypically is not caught up in, or impressed by, the latest Apple trends. If you do find this tiny niche demographic, they'll likely be put off by your website.

My guess is your website pics do not do your work justice. People are attracted to your work more in person, right?

In conclusion, you need to expand your audience. You could take two routes.

The first is to get your brand recognized by the 'in' crowd. For example, getting spoken about by celebrities, getting viewed in a movie etc etc. Ipads travel. Perhaps you can gift a few cases to producers?

The second option....I forgot. This was my thunder too. Perhaps it will come back to me later today.

Anyway, I hope you take this 'advice' lightly and am not too sore- I do mean well! I'm just a guy who can't sell nice (if I do say so myself) gun holsters for $40.

Edited by gicts