Thought I'd post up some pics of my gun rig now that I think I am finally finished with it.

I carry it on my new job.......which is a trail guide for horseback pack trips.......when we go up into the mountains.

It is a money belt, flapped holster and ammo/misc pouch.

Wanted a flapped holster to protect the gun from the elements and to keep me from losin it.

The belt and holster patterns are from Will Ghormley..........thanks Will!! Although I did add the flap to his Slim Jim Holster.

Let me know what y'all think.

Tim

beltrig.jpg

beltrig2.jpg

beltrig3.jpg

post-5218-1214598474_thumb.jpg

post-5218-1214598486_thumb.jpg

post-5218-1214598497_thumb.jpg

Great looking rig, should last for years. Will does offer some good patterns, picked up the lawdog and cartridge belts patterns at tandy the other day. Now just have to save my pennies for the leather and hardware, aw shoot, gotta get me a revolver now too!

It looks really good! Great job. I like that pattern a lot.

ArtS

timbo you did good.........I like it.......

That looks really nice, Timbo. I hope you never have a need for it, though.

That looks really nice, Timbo. I hope you never have a need for it, though.

Me too.........but they say the bears don't respond to banging on pots and pans anymore and you have to put a couple rounds past 'em to get them to leave. Hope I never have to put a horse down either.

Thanks for all the positive feedback too guys.........it's greatly appreciated.

Tim

Nice looking rig! You don't see a lot of flapped holsters posted, but that's very practical. (And once very common - esp. in military holsters.)

That old Addage;

"I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

I am a big believer in this also.

Thought I'd post up some pics of my gun rig now that I think I am finally finished with it.

I carry it on my new job.......which is a trail guide for horseback pack trips.......when we go up into the mountains.

It is a money belt, flapped holster and ammo/misc pouch.

Wanted a flapped holster to protect the gun from the elements and to keep me from losin it.

The belt and holster patterns are from Will Ghormley..........thanks Will!! Although I did add the flap to his Slim Jim Holster.

Tim

Excellent looking rig.

I carried a gun in the bush for several years. It doesn't take long to appreciate the flap over the gun.

Steve

Tim, I have to say that is one of the slickest western rigs I've seen posted here (or anywhere else) for quiet a while. Very practical and authentic. I have most of Will's patterns and they are great! Wish he would post some more of his stuff here. Anyway, I agree that should last a lifetime. You should be able to pass it down to your kids. Wear it in good health and I hope you don't need to use it. Now you just need to add a good knife and a matching sheath on the offside!

Warren

Just got back from my first pack trip!!!! (glad to be home!!!) The gun rig was very easy to carry and very comfortable. ......and I didn't need it at all. But it made the clients feel safe and secure.........didn't tell them that I never even loaded it.

.........and I am working on a knife sheath for the off side.

Also thought I would post a pic of me at "work" since it relates to this thread and you can also see my canteen I made as well.

Thanks to all for all the comments, they are very much appreciated.

Tim

atwork.JPG

post-5218-1215196892_thumb.jpg

Set looks great! Nice job. Will does have some nice patterns. I'm lucky enough to live where he does and buy my leather from the same store as him. I've also had the luxury of taking classes from him. It was a very small class and alot of fun. He is very entertaining. He even played a little harmonica for us and told some stories.

Tim

I think it is a piece of art on several levels.

1. My personal pet peeve is a leather anything that the craftsman spent all their thought processes on decorating and left nothing to functionality. Your cross draw rig keeps a gun out of the way when riding or working around camp. A comfortable holster is more likely to be worn and accessible when needed. And lastly a crossdraw holster or knife sheath is reachable by either hand. A lot of words just to say I like your rig.

2. If it is custom made it should look custom made and individual pieces should look like they belong together. To say your do, is to state the obvious.

3. It should look like the maker has a handle on their techniques and can put something together that may have some errors in it but they must be looked for and aren't obvious to the untrained eye. Once again you win.

Congratulations on a great project! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Timbo! Awesome rig! Great stitching, tooling and COLOR! Very nice work! I also noticed a sweet canteen on that pretty Paint. Did you make that also? Where was that pic taken? In CO or MO? Great work and thanks for posting!

Thank you very much for all the kind words.........they are very much appreciated and it means alot to me coming from folks who know leather and know what they are looking at.

Scouter- I did make the canteen and I guess I should take some pics of it and show it to. I made it a few years ago and I did it as a sampler of border tooling. So I can just pick it up and look at alot of the borders I can do and decide which one to go with. The pic is taken in Colorado on top of Music Pass-11,500 feet.

I got my CO drivers license and all our cars tagged with CO plates............so it's official that I am a permanent CO resident........except when it comes to fishing licenses and I have to be here 6 mos to qualify for resident fishing license. Bummer.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Tim

.........and by the way, Will Ghormley gave me a good dressing down for having "petroleum" saddle bags on my horse. I had to tell him sorry I just haven't had time to make any yet.

My apologies to the leather community for this degradation. It will be rectified as soon as possible.

Tim