davnasca

Jeremiah Watt/ Horseshoe Brand Tools

It seems most people are extolling the virtues of Barry King, Hackbarth, and Bob Beard tools on this forum. Are the Watt tools of the same quality, specifically the stamping tools? The gentleman that I am learning saddlery from is a fan of the Watt tools and encouraged me to take a look at them over my Craftools. There are some stamping tools that I really love (especially some of his geometrics) and I like that I can see them all in the Weaver catalog and order them from Weaver. So are they comparable?

PS- I am in love Jeremiah Watt's work! He has some of the prettiest saddles on his site (ranch2arena.com). I kinda like the 'contemporary' edge to some of them, not to bound in the tradition of sheridan carving, but with a definite nod to the classic.

Hey davnasca!

In my opinion, Jeremiah Watt makes tools that are as good as or better than most on the market. He started making tools because he was dissatisfied with what he could find commercially so he got some of the old-time stuff and studied what made it great. I'd say that if you're sure this is something you are going to do for however many years you have left, his tools will probably last at least that long. They are on par with King, Hackbarth, and beard. That said, they're not priced for hobby stampers.

Mike

I have one of Watt's round knives, several edgers, and several stamps. I have been very pleased with all of them. JW

I have some tools from Jeremiah too. I would make a recommendation however. You live on the east side. Why not call Jeremiah directly? You don't have to have a resale number, will have them a lot faster, shipping will be less, and you will be talking to folks who know something about the tools if you have a question. Colleen and Jeremiah are way easier to deal with for me. Another guy that makes good tools but doesn't always get the press is Wayne Jueschke in Elko. If you like geometrics, Wayne has some centers, blocks, and baskets nobody else makes.

I have some tools from Jeremiah too. I would make a recommendation however. You live on the east side. Why not call Jeremiah directly? You don't have to have a resale number, will have them a lot faster, shipping will be less, and you will be talking to folks who know something about the tools if you have a question. Colleen and Jeremiah are way easier to deal with for me. Another guy that makes good tools but doesn't always get the press is Wayne Jueschke in Elko. If you like geometrics, Wayne has some centers, blocks, and baskets nobody else makes.

Do you know if he has a catalog or contact info?

Thanks everyone.

EDIT: By he I mean Wayne Jueschke, sorry.

Edited by davnasca

I don't do much stamping, but I do have several of his edgers. I replaced my Tandy Craft-tool edgers with his edgers.

You can order tools directly from his website.

www.ranch2arena.com

Randy

Wayne's address & phone number below. Contact him for a catalog.

Wayne Jueschke

Box 1895

Elko, Nevada 89803

775-738-4885

Regards,

Ben

I concur. I have a few of Jeremiah's tools, edgers mostly and his cantle pliers. I am in Australia and dealing with Jeremiah or Colleen via ranch2arena.com is easy. No muss, no fuss. I will definately be ordering more tools when the Aus dollar climbs out of the toilet.

Barra