ant

Looking for hand crank leather sewing machine

Looking for an affordable hand crank sewing machine.

Was thinking of Tippmann Boss but they are way out of my budget.

Sewing 1/4 or 3/8 " thickness leather.

Anyone has one kindly email me at sportyant@hotmail.com

Thanks

Unfortunately, you're about to get disappointed. Getting a machine for cheap is easy- look on ebay. Getting one that will sew the thickness you want for cheap is where the wheels fall off. You might luck up and find something at an estate sale, or such, but you're looking at several hundred to an easy thousand dollars for a machine that will stitch thicker layers of leather.Luberto's makes a hand crank sewing machine that will perform the task, but it's still over $1000. It's called the Cub Classic I, and II, depending on the throat depth.One of the issues you'll find with old Singers (like what you'll find on ebay advertised as a leather stitcher) is that they don't have enough ass to handle the leather. Sure it'll punch holes, and may lock the stitch, but there's also thread size to think of. The old models just don't have the bobbib capacity for much sewing. If you were looking to sew thinner leather- wallets, boots, etc., then you might look for a Singer 31. It's a favorite among boot makers.Though the older model singers are either treadle or electric, you can find hand crank adapters for them.There's a whole section of this forum dedicated to the discussion of sewing machines, and you may find a good bit of useful information there.

Looking for an affordable hand crank sewing machine.

Was thinking of Tippmann Boss but they are way out of my budget.

Sewing 1/4 or 3/8 " thickness leather.

Anyone has one kindly email me at sportyant@hotmail.com

Thanks

Check with Rev's Armour Werx 713-825-4754 They have a model 43-4 for about $700 delivered. They have a website but I can't remember what it is.

Kris

ant,

This one is still available. I'm guessing she would accept an offer in the 750-800 range. You'll need to arrange shipping on top of that. The machine is virtually new and if I worked in that 3/8" range I'd snap it up myself.

Dan