Sign in to follow this  
fjk

Cowboy Suspenders

Does anyone have a pattern for cowboy suspenders they could share?

Thank you

Frank

Take a gander at the Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal magazine. There was an article a while back about suspenders and pattern, I believe. Very nice scroll pattern.

Good luck

In the Leather Cafters adn Saddlers Journal May/June 2005 on page 53 by Charlie Voigt.

You can make your own pattern theirs nothing to it. I have made several. Take a dress makers cloth tape and measure across the back and down the front to where you want them to fasten and add a couple of inches for fold back where the buckle or strap will go. Make a pattern out of poster board so you can cut the length of the top piece and bottom piece. Then draw what ever style design you want them to be if you want something different than a straight suspender.

post-11301-073893200 1286727535_thumb.jp

You can make your own pattern theirs nothing to it. I have made several. Take a dress makers cloth tape and measure across the back and down the front to where you want them to fasten and add a couple of inches for fold back where the buckle or strap will go. Make a pattern out of poster board so you can cut the length of the top piece and bottom piece. Then draw what ever style design you want them to be if you want something different than a straight suspender.

Thank you for your help and replys!

thanks sorry im a bit late in replying

Bruce grants encyclopedia of rawhide and leather braiding has a nice looking design in it, I have never needed to make them but they are adjustable to the body and look pretty decent.

Would look even better if braided in roo.

But his version uses straps which is much easier to do.