mailleandmorechainworks

Custom Pattern Cutouts

Hello All - not sure what to call what I'm looking to have done but I'll describe it as best I can. I'm looking for a place that I can either send a hide of vegtan off to and have them cut/stamp out a custom designed/sized bracelet pattern that I want.

Does anyone know where or how I have this done? I've seen a lot of custom designed leather cuffs and I know they can't be making them one by one because (no offense) they are too perfect/identical and I haven't seen a place to buy that shape (or really any other than the straight edged ones.

If anyone has any info on this please let me know. Thanks in advance!

~ Jody

It is simple. Take your outline and send it to Texas Custom Dies. It costs between $100 and $150 to have a die made. Use a clicking press to click out (die cut is the technical term) your piece of perfection. Presses can be anything from a large vise to a heavy arbor press to a hydraulic press (Texas Custom Dies sells one) to one of the hydraulic ones designed for that purpose. I guess you could have the work done for you, but if you check around someone with a clicker press may let you use theirs.

Art

What you are looking for is a clicker service. You would need to purchase a die for what you want unless the company or person had a die that fit your needs. Contact Double C on these forums she might be able to help you out. I believe she has a clicker and is trying to expand into a clicker service. http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showuser=27490

Edited by camano ridge

Jody...sent you a PM...Highly recommend you read it carefully before contacting anyone for clicker services. :)

Yep, clicking (die cutting). Depending on your location, you might find someone close to you in the services section toward the bottom of the forum.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showforum=88