Hi, what would you guys and girls use and have experience with when it comes to dye a leather seat.. and what finish would you use after, so the color wont transfer.. I guess the rider would be pleased not to have a skull on the ass after a ride.. :-) All tips, experience and tricks are welcome :-)

Edited by 276ccm

nothing? I`m sure there are someone out there which have done it before? :-)

Sometimes posts get overlooked, since there are so many of them on a daily basis. If you don't get a response soon, don't be shy about using the forum's private message functionality to send someone a direct inquiry.

I'd take a look at some of the work in the Motorcycles and Biker Gear section and then send a p.m. to one of those folks.

Hope you get the answers you're looking for! Best, -Alex

thx mate :-)

I am planning to do one as well but instead of bike seat, I am going to try car seat! Imagine the center portion with carving.......... still dreaming :P

As for the dye, I am thinking of a coat of shellec to seal the dye in the leather and then a coat of clear acrylic over the top. Is that how it is done? This is if the seat is going to be black.

At the moment, it's a grey seat so I probably have to airbrush grey acrylic to match the colour.

singteck