esantoro

primary and secondary tensioner springs for 441

I'm beginning to wonder if I should invest in a stronger, thicker tensioning spring for the primary tensioner assembly on my 441.

For those of you who have the long and short -arm 441's, could you check to see it the springs for the primary and secondary tensioning assemblies are the same size and thickness, or if the spring for the primary tensioner is thinner?

On my 441, the spring for the primary tensioner is thinner than the spring for the secondary tensioner. Lately, it seems that for 277/207 bonded poly, I sometimes have to tighten the primary tensioning nut all the way, even with bobbin tension set to as loose as possible.

Thanks,

Ed

ed

I'm beginning to wonder if I should invest in a stronger, thicker tensioning spring for the primary tensioner assembly on my 441.

For those of you who have the long and short -arm 441's, could you check to see it the springs for the primary and secondary tensioning assemblies are the same size and thickness, or if the spring for the primary tensioner is thinner?

On my 441, the spring for the primary tensioner is thinner than the spring for the secondary tensioner. Lately, it seems that for 277/207 bonded poly, I sometimes have to tighten the primary tensioning nut all the way, even with bobbin tension set to as loose as possible.

Thanks,

Ed

ed

Hey Esantro

Back the tension off on both. then let a bit off the Bobbin. Then adjust both top tensions about 2 turns in from the top of the post. Fiddle with the balance between the Roller tension and the Bobbin to get the stitch right. Also check that the Roller has no rust or dirt gripping he Felt. as this is the most common cause of having to screw the tensions up tight. 441 's are good as long as you don't screw them up too much.

Please have a Happy Day.

Jim.