Sign in to follow this  
mcn

Replica Pistols For Holster Making

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to buy replica pistols that could be used for holster making. Or any other ideas that might work. In Canada I cannot legally have someone Else's firearm in my possession.

Hey mcn!

Most of us use training guns or "dummy" guns, usually just because it easier on the real firearm than using it to wet mold a holster, but occasionally because we don't have the particular gun that someone wants a holster for and training guns are a LOT cheaper!

Go online to ASP Training equipment or Rings Blue guns. That's where I would start looking for a specific gun I needed.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Hey mcn!

Most of us use training guns or "dummy" guns, usually just because it easier on the real firearm than using it to wet mold a holster, but occasionally because we don't have the particular gun that someone wants a holster for and training guns are a LOT cheaper!

Go online to ASP Training equipment or Rings Blue guns. That's where I would start looking for a specific gun I needed.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Thanks Mike That not only helped but gave me some ideas for more projects

Thanks Mike That not only helped but gave me some ideas for more projects

I don't know what the guns laws are like in your area, but here are some more options:

• Order directly from ASP or Rings directly from the manufacturer without the color so it doesn't eventually rub off over time.
  • Aluminum casted guns. I know http://duncansoutdoor.com/?s=molds is one place, and there was another place that was a non-profit law enforcement training group but can't remember the name.
  • Replica blank firing guns, which are generally in 8mm. If you get the replica from the right supplier, they seem to be the same size and weight of a real gun.
  • Full metal airsoft pistols will work as well. There are some manufacturers, like Tokyo Mauri, that license the design from actual gun manufacturers.

Edited by Samuel