particle

Hand Drawn Floral Journal Cover

Here's another take on a journal cover I did a while back, but this time with more artwork. It's for a customer via Etsy that wanted it for a paper-backed book she has. It's surprisingly hard to photograph these things! The only thing left to do is remove the stitching and replace it with brown thread.

IMG_3384-L.jpg

Looks nice....I also think that brown thread is the way to go.................but what do I know??

That is truly beautiful. I love everything about it. Why did you stitch with white first though? Why not just stitch with brown to begin with?

Great question - the reason is because the product listing on Etsy had natural thread. The customer didn't specify otherwise in our communication prior to stating the order, so I just stuck with natural thread assuming the customer was happy with it. Once I got it finished and sent photos to the customer, she decided she wanted brown thread.

Dang women................always changing their mind.................lol

I like this a lot . Very nicely done ! Trying to find words to describe it so I ll go with my first impressions : Bright , warm ,friendly ,happy ,timeless ,well loved . This belongs in the hands of a very special person . Over all it just has a warm friendly look to it . Just guessing but its my feeling that you have put a bunch of yourself into this work . The love shows . Ill bet you are a right interesting charcter . Thanks for showing us this work . Made me smile and go back to the bench thinking I am lucky to know some vey talented people . My sincere compliments on time well spent . Bet you get a nice smile from your customer when it gets delivered . Well Done !

Wow - thanks for the compliments everyone! Not sure how interesting I am, but I certainly have a tendency to put a lot of heart into everything I make. My wife would say I get carried away with everything I make. But we have different ideas of what an acceptable level of quality is. She keeps me grounded, provided I listen to her.... :) I learn seething every time I make something, and these journal covers are no exception! Wish I had the opportunity to make more of them.

How do you learn and seethe at the same time? THAT'S a great skill. I usually don't learn until well after the seething. I kid. I LOVE this piece Eric. The colors are great.

LOL - dang iPhone autocorrect! :)

Absolutely love it!

sort of Japanese style, like it a lot....sort of refreshing get-away from all the Sheridian carving style, which I like too...well done, how about red thread..I love colors in my thread....again, good work!!

James

Very nice. I really like the color and the design.

Clint

Lovely work, Particle.. Very elegant design..its good to see something quite original and unique looking. I bet your customer will be real happy when she gets hold of it.. ;)

Regards

Phil