Hello, new to the forum and have just began to tool again after about two years of letting it sit. I am making my wife a purse out of a jersey hair-on hide. Due to the thickness of the hide, I need to find a lining that is a fabric of some kind on not made of splits or any other leather. Any advise on where to purchase different kinds of linings specific to purses and wallets. thanks

Edited by kingleather

Fabric store -- ask the nice people who work there for something suitable, like taffeta. Though hopefully Kevin King will chime in; I think he uses cotton novelty print. Taffeta is smooth and silk-like, but the novelty prints give you lots of room for choice of prints: everything from pretty florals for flaming skulls to puppies and kittens to chili peppers and John Deere logos.

Fabric store -- ask the nice people who work there for something suitable, like taffeta. Though hopefully Kevin King will chime in; I think he uses cotton novelty print. Taffeta is smooth and silk-like, but the novelty prints give you lots of room for choice of prints: everything from pretty florals for flaming skulls to puppies and kittens to chili peppers and John Deere logos.

I use products from Joanns , like tashabear said novelty prints on cotton are always suitable. As for a nicer type liner I like to use brocade fabrics. Just my 2cents

Agree with Justwakinup, joanns has a huge selection of fabrics.

My first wallet I made about 8 months or so ago I used the upholstery fabric and its still doing pretty good considering its a daily use wallet for a big guy.

Thanks for the advice. I appeciate the replies and plan to check out your suggestions.