Sign in to follow this  
Don101

OLD WEST GUNLEATHER

Most of these holsters were posted before the crash but we have lots of new members since then that havent seen them so i thought i would post them again, Don

Bild0517_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg DON_7_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg E.Geottlich_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg F.A.Mean_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg

post-1381-1203834122_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834133_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834148_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834162_thumb.jpg

More holsters continued

French_Saddlery_reproduction_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg Keller_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg OLIVE_PATERN__ANTIQUE_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg REPRO_AL.F_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg Maker_unknown_1875.jpg Maker_unknown_1875_page_100_Packing_Iron_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg

post-1381-1203834283_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834298_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834335_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834356_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834373_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Don101

And finaly

T.ROSERVELT_HOLSTER_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpgSLI_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpgS.BAGS_MEANEA_Gro_e_E_Mail_Ansicht.jpg

post-1381-1203834887_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834902_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1203834914_thumb.jpg

Cool! Thanks for the repost.

Nice job on the Meanea pockets knock-offs!

Don,

Thanks for posting the pictures, I got involved here just prior to the crash and got lost in the shuffle so I haven't seen this work. I'm sure you will generate quite a few hits. I like them all.

Andy

Thanks Don. They are great inspiration. :thumbsup:

How did you finish the scabbard? I finished a holster with the Tandy one step stuff and don't like how it looks. I am looking for a golden to rust colored finish for a shoulder holster that I am working on.

Edited by jetech

Hi,

I'd like to know how to get this kind of finish, too. It's very very beautiful.

On the first photo, how do you make the "U.S." logo ? I want to a WII inpired holster for a 1911.

Thanks !!!

Thanks Don!

Quite an inspirational post this one. Lots of eyecandy, the rifle scabbard, WOW!

Some day I want to get a replica western gun and make belt and holster for my self, I sure now where to look for inspiration now!

Tom

Don

One Word: WOW!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great holster making.

Randy

Thanks for posting those pics Don! After seeing these pics now I want to try my hand at making a gun belt and holster.

After so much was lost in the crash we need to get more of the pics reposted.

Thanks again,

Nick

Thanks Don. They are great inspiration. :thumbsup:

How did you finish the scabbard? I finished a holster with the Tandy one step stuff and don't like how it looks. I am looking for a golden to rust colored finish for a shoulder holster that I am working on.

the scabbard was finished with fibings oil dye saddle tan just a light even coat then oiled

Hi,

I'd like to know how to get this kind of finish, too. It's very very beautiful.

On the first photo, how do you make the "U.S." logo ? I want to a WII inpired holster for a 1911.

Thanks !!!

the US is a Stamp that i had made from a very good french reenactor friend PLM that also makes outstanding leatherwork

Don, Fantastic Leatherwork and Great photography! We all love the Rifle scabbard! Thanks for posting! Vintage Gunleather Rules!

Don, I had seen them before and enjoyed seeing them again! As a matter of fact I see them on a fairly regular basis, as I saved them to my computer before the crash and they are used as part of my screen-saver. I have over 100 pictures of authentic old west gun leather that make up my screen-saver. Your work is awesome and stands up to anyone else's I've seen. Always a pleasure to look at your work!

Warren

great stuff...i wanna find an old replica gun just to try to make some holsters now once i get up the nerve.

any idea where i can find that are inexpensive as to be JUST for decoration

It would depend on what you call inexpensive. I have seen non-firing replica guns for about 60-75 dollars.

Warren

Don, all your stuff looks great, you just can't do bad work. One question though, where did you get the tooling pattern for the rifle scabbard?? Is that a Will Ghormley pattern?? I really like the floral tooling on it alot!!

Tim

Tim i draw all my own patterns from pics of the originals or from original items, and the scabbard did take a bit of time as it is carved boath sides, Don