Old Coach Saddlery

Platt's Punching Machine Patented March 24Th 1885

I acquired this rotary punching machine a few years ago from Eli at Landis. I have been unable to find any literature on it. Here is what I know. It was distributed by C.S. Osborne and sold for $40.00 back in the day. I know this because Osborne was kind enough to send me a copy of the ad. It is fun to use and, since I love old leather equipment, I think very cool. Does anyone know where I might find more literature of information on this fine piece of equipment?

post-52605-0-30633200-1405184904_thumb.j

post-52605-0-89010900-1405185065_thumb.j

post-52605-0-40998600-1405185139_thumb.j

Man they don't make stuff like that anymore. That is super cool. Sorry I can't help you with any info...just wanted to stop by and show my appreciation.

Wow, that has to be old. It looks like some of the Mid 1800s sewing machines.

Have you considered asking CS Osborne about it.. perhaps they have some old literature on it.

I believe Weavers has a modern version of this. I want one REALLY bad but I don't have a couple grand lying around begging to be spent. I bid on one at a sale a few years ago; I let it go because I thought it was too high. At the time I didn't realize Weavers had jacked the price several hundred dollars in a year's time.

You might try Pilgrim Machine and sewe if they have anything about it. When I had my shoe repair business all my equip was antique (by many generations) and they were very helpful with literature.

Is there any chance you could shoot and post some video of this bad-boy in operation? It really looks fascinating.

Bill

Is there any chance you could shoot and post some video of this bad-boy in operation? It really looks fascinating.

Bill

Put me down as wanting a video of it too!

Okay, I'm not a real tech person. I'm sure and can find a friend or two who can help. I will add it to the list of thing to get done.