Sign in to follow this  
jsroye96

Large Tuckable In The Pants Holster

They may not be pretty, they might be big, but they conceal very well and are very comfortable to wear. One is for a Para .45, thats what I carry now. The other is for a Beretta 92FS.

post-9456-088519800 1290315501_thumb.jpg

post-9456-001381900 1290315614_thumb.jpg

those are great! excellent work.

chris

They may not be pretty, they might be big, but they conceal very well and are very comfortable to wear. One is for a Para .45, thats what I carry now. The other is for a Beretta 92FS.

Those look great, I like the look better than the kydex that seem to have taken over that style of holster. Good job!

The execution of the design is very good, but I'm left wondering about keeping the spare mag on the same side as the weapon. It seems it'd be a bit difficult to access, depending on where the pistol sits. Other than that, fit and finish look great.

Nice! I'd been thinking of making something like this. Essentially a hybrid style holster, with all leather instead of kydex.

Hey, Thanks for the comments. Here is another one I made, I think it looks better than the first two I made.

post-9456-092412900 1290787490_thumb.jpg

post-9456-032351400 1290787522_thumb.jpg

Those look nice. Do you have one for each side?

Hey! Thats not a bad idea...yes.gif

Great looking holsters, I like the stitiching, did you hand stitch or machine stitch and if machine, which machine did you use. i just bought a Boss and am working on trying to make it sew neatly.

Ken

Great looking holsters, I like the stitiching, did you hand stitch or machine stitch and if machine, which machine did you use. i just bought a Boss and am working on trying to make it sew neatly.

Ken

Hey Ken,

I hand stitch all of my holsters, I just kind of prefer it that way. It does mean that it takes me longer to sew a holster though.

John.

Nice looking rigs, one question, does the mouth stay open for re-holster? Did you add anything to help it stay open?

the only reason I keep making the Kydex hybrids is I couldn't keep the mouth open...

Nice looking rigs, one question, does the mouth stay open for re-holster? Did you add anything to help it stay open?

the only reason I keep making the Kydex hybrids is I couldn't keep the mouth open...

Yes, the mouth does stay open, if fact I wore this holster around the house one day without a weapon in it just to see if the mouth would stay open. After a few hours I put my gun back in the holster with out any problems. I did not really do anything special with it to make the mouth stay open like that.. I just wetmolded it and let it dry and then sealed it with fiebing's leather balm with atom wax.... When I made the holster i was not really all that concerned whether or not the mouth of the holster stayed open or not. I just wanted to make sure I could get it out quickly and easily.