Sign in to follow this  
Des804

Tandy Free Craftool

Did they remove it new manager at the local tandy said they were no longer honoring the free craft tool a month for members even though the last Skiver even mentions a free tool.

Did they remove it new manager at the local tandy said they were no longer honoring the free craft tool a month for members even though the last Skiver even mentions a free tool.

I don't know about a free tool a month deal, but I do know I used the coupon in the last Skiver to get a free tool.

Had to bring the print ad coupon into the store to get it. Damn free tool cost me $35 since I found other stuff I 'needed' while I was there. Marketing works! ;)

Last I heard it was BUY one, and get one, or a craft aid w/ BOGO

Ok then I guess they did change it then...The Free Tool/craftaid was the only reason I had renewed my membership but O well. Thanks guys.

i was always told that you had to buy one tool or craftaid to get one free.

I was told by the manager of my local Tandy (New Orleans) that the BOGO offer had been stopped back in early spring but there was a coupon in the last Skiver for a free craft tool.

Just talked to a Tandy rep in Louisville about a recent order. The BOGO is limited to certain CraftAid/Craft tools now. She is sending me a list. As soon as I have it in my hands I will post it here for everyone's reference.

I am sure the new 2011 craftaids are not in that BOGO deal.

thanks for checking in and letting us know.

For those interested, the reply from Tandy Louisville is as follows:

"The free tool only applys (sic) to the Craft Tool stamps pg 46-51."

No reference to a particular catalog but one would guess that it is the current one.

I hope that helps.

I was working for Tandy until recently and the message we got in like Feb was to discontinue the offer, but if the customer was upset to honor it until their current membeship expired. Basically if you put up a stink they may give it to you still.

The deal used to be that if you bought ONE OR MORE (stamping) tools, you could get one free tool per month. Same for craftaids.

Those are still being honored until the end of the year for Wholesale Club members who joined while that scheme was in place.

Now there are the specials like the coupon for a free craftool in the Skiver Newsletter.

The owner of my leather shop says Tandy discontinued the "buy one, get one free" program some time ago. I got about everything I needed before they did, tho. I got one from the latest Skiver, and will wait for the half price sales to pick up the couple may need.

i just got a gold membership 2 months ago. last month i sent in the craftool code to TLF Vancouver by email, and they honored it.

they screwed up, and gave me the wrong tool, but they honored the deal.

i emailed them and told me that they would send me out the proper tool with my backordered products.

its been about a month, and im still waiting. :(