Shorts

Attn: Japanese Earthquake Relief Effort

http://monicakuehnleather.blogspot.com/2011/03/japanese-earthquake-relief-effort.html

I'm posting up information for those wanting to help with the relief efforts. I'm going to be packing up some stuff myself as soon as I've got this information cross-posted.

If you can't donate money to the Japanese earthquake/tsunami relief effort, please note the following information. This is from the ombudsman for Naval Hospital, Yokosuka.

You can send items to these addresses through your local neighborhood Japanese Post Office - they really need -

1. Food (instant foods, dietary supplements, baby foods);

2. Warm blankets (That north part of Japan is still really cold now); ...

3. Clothing;

4. Baby clothes, and DIAPERS!!!!

Attn: Earthquake Relief Supplies

Miyagi Prefectural Office

3-8-1, Honcho

Aoba-ku, Sendai City, Miyagi

980-8570, JAPAN

Iwate Prefectural Office

10-1 Uchimaru Morioka City, Iwate

020-8570,JAPAN

Aomori Prefectural Office

1-1-1 Nagashima, Aomori City,

Aomori, 030-8570, JAPAN

Fukushima Prefectural Office

2-16 Sugitsuma-cho, Fukushima City

960-8670, JAPAN

You will have to pay postage at USPS site and fill out the customs forms. Speaking from experience, Priority and Express mail takes 1-2wks to arrive in country from the States. If you send it any other way it will take weeks longer to arrive. I know postage costs can increase. Use those flat rate Priority boxes and stuff the heck out of them yall.

Please folks, if you can help, do it. I know the big heart of the firearms community, at the very least, pass the information along.

THANK YOU!

Edited by Shorts

Thanks, Monica!

Those who want to help can go to www.redcross.org and donate to Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami. People can also text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific.

Johanna

March 17 - UPDATE!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/usnh-yokosuka-ombudsman/earthquake-relief-efforts/200135426678191"]USNH Yokosuka Ombudsman - Japan

The Japanese Yokosuka Post Office said they cannot take the donation boxed items to the following post office locations listed due to the overwhelming amount of items they have at this moment. They have asked for people to hold on to the donation boxes and to give them time to sort out everything. Also, CAPT Owens said today at the Townhall meeting to please check tomorrow or the next day at the Yokosuka NEX for drop off boxes to drop donations via CFAY.

Monday at 6:41am

Update: The Japanese government has rationed gas deliveries to ensure there will be enough gas for emergency vechiles. Therefore, the addresses that are listed on the flyer to send your care packages to help the Earthquake and Tsunami Relief are not in used at this time.

Tuesday at 6:29pm

Priority mail will take 6-10 days to travel from the States to Japan. Since the updates are directly from USNH Yokosuka, they are real time on the ground. We in the States will be a week behind. It will be at your judgment to send out your packages. They will still arrive in country and they will still be sorted and utilized.