I'm looking to do an iwb style for an AMT backup. Anyone have a pattern I could use. I believe I could rescale and adjust it if I find one for a different model but I don't think I could make the pattern from scratch myself (yet).

Thanks a bunch folks - Greg

Greg,If you have the pistol, I bet you could make the pattern. Use a file folder to make your rough pattern. Use masking tape to assemble the file folder pattern. Once you think you are in the ballpark make a holster with scrap leather, such as belly. If your stitch lines are not tight enough, you can always add an extra stitch line. Good luck, Jeff

Thanks Jeff- I know I could do a hip one or just a pouch to keep it in but I'm unclear on a couple things about the iwb. Mostly the way it is held in place- clips or some type of up-n-over belt loops? Also the pictures I've seen look to be kinda "spread out" and not the folded over cowboy style I'm used to.

I'll do some more trials with heavy paper but would still accept a pattern if anyone is sharing.

Thanks again- Greg

Try this. I have made it for a glock 19, M&P Shield and Sig P938. All scaled of course. I use 6/7 oz leather and do it rough side out.

Let me know if you have any questions.

shield 3.jpg

SHIELD IWB1 pattern.pdf

post-22515-0-40894700-1393815407_thumb.j

SHIELD IWB1 pattern.pdf

Thanks- I'll give that a go!

Greg, Another option is make an OWB holster. Belt loops and everything. But leave enough holster area above the belt slots to add a couple of straps using Chicago screws. I don't usually make IWB. But I have made many of this type. I call it convertible holster. Gives the option of IWB or OWB.