Hey guys!

As usual, long time no post, but I finally have some time now. I released my first collection yesterday! It was really interesting learning production methods and making multiples of things, as I've only done one-offs until I did this line. I've posted a couple pictures, but I'd love it if you could check out my (newly redesigned) website and let me know what you think!

www.corterleather.com

4710133852_f81ac39022.jpg

4707249821_d9d48b0c01.jpg

Hey guys!

As usual, long time no post, but I finally have some time now. I released my first collection yesterday! It was really interesting learning production methods and making multiples of things, as I've only done one-offs until I did this line. I've posted a couple pictures, but I'd love it if you could check out my (newly redesigned) website and let me know what you think!

www.corterleather.com

4710133852_f81ac39022.jpg

4707249821_d9d48b0c01.jpg

one has to work very clean to produce bags like those.......NICE.

nice web site but hard to read....

Edited by Luke Hatley

Your web site looks nice. The pictures are big enough so that a person can see what their buying. On the down side the fonts your using are so tiny that i gave up on reading what you had to say. I'm sure their are others like me that won't read your decriptions and move on.

Nice website man. It's got a really nice, clean design that reflects your work.

There were though a couple of things that were kind of weird (to me that is):

1. The Gallery navigation for me is awkward. I'd like a "forward" arrow clicking me into the next gallery rather than clicking the number. I feel I have to move my mouse and chase each new number so it's not quite intuitive. Especially when you get past the fifth page.

2. The "Shop" link takes me to a shop policy page where there is another link to finally get into your shop. I want to get in the Shop with one click.

3. The font size is a bit small, but it didn't bother me too much.

Otherwise I enjoyed the site quite a bit. I love your photography as well. Sorry if I'm a bit critical it's just I'm working on my own site right now and have all this junk on my brain about it!

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks guys, seems I mistakenly had the font too small. I upped it a bit.

It's still the same font on my computer. Tiny.

You have some very clean looking stuff there! Nice work.

You have a good start on a website. I agree, the font could be larger. If people can't EASILY read what you have to say, chances are they won't stick around long. Think size 12 or larger when it comes to standard font sizes. Us old folks with bad eyes can't read that microscopic stuff :)

Also, as someone else mentioned, navigating to your "shop" should be a single click. People are lazy. They don't want to have to navigate multiple layers of a website to get to the parts they want to see. If it takes more than a click to get to the "good stuff" they will simply navigate away from your site, and shop somewhere easier.

I like it when you display "All" your items on one page. Being able to do a mouse-over and blow up the item the mouse is currently over is a helpful tool to have.

I like that your prices are clearly listed!

Just make a few more tweaks and you'll be closer to having an excellent site!

You have some very clean looking stuff there! Nice work.

You have a good start on a website. I agree, the font could be larger. If people can't EASILY read what you have to say, chances are they won't stick around long. Think size 12 or larger when it comes to standard font sizes. Us old folks with bad eyes can't read that microscopic stuff :)

Also, as someone else mentioned, navigating to your "shop" should be a single click. People are lazy. They don't want to have to navigate multiple layers of a website to get to the parts they want to see. If it takes more than a click to get to the "good stuff" they will simply navigate away from your site, and shop somewhere easier.

I like it when you display "All" your items on one page. Being able to do a mouse-over and blow up the item the mouse is currently over is a helpful tool to have.

I like that your prices are clearly listed!

Just make a few more tweaks and you'll be closer to having an excellent site!

Thanks! (And thanks everyone else, too).

Re: Font, The font's at 12 point now, so I don't think I'm going to go any larger with it (the forum look to be 13 or 14 for reference). I had a few people check it out and the majority liked the size, agreeing that making it any larger would make the website seem a bit less professional and over cluttered. I think a lot of my customers, who are younger, will be more interested in the pictures and probably not read descriptions much, so as long as they can easily get to pictures and the store I'm ok with it!

Re: Shop link, I agree that it's kind of irritating to have to click twice, but by doing this I guarantee that customers know that the things in the shop are in stock. 50% of my emails are "I know things are made to order, so if it's in the shop can I order it? or will there be a wait?" So what I'm doing there is filtering out all of those emails and creating less work for myself in the customer service department.

I'll try to work on the gallery more, but my problem is that I don't know any coding. Thanks again guys!

50% of my emails are "I know things are made to order, so if it's in the shop can I order it? or will there be a wait?" So what I'm doing there is filtering out all of those emails and creating less work for myself in the customer service department.

I'll try to work on the gallery more, but my problem is that I don't know any coding. Thanks again guys!

Let me get on my soap box here...

Anyone who runs a successful business will tell you that superb customer (or prospective customer) service is half of what makes a business successful. Never "filter out" someone who might be a customer. Customers remember being dissed, and won't return. Irritating as it can sometimes be, people who take the time to ask those questions can become some of your very best customers. Develop a reputation for great customer service and always stand behind your word. There are dozens of sites that sell similar items. Treat all current and potential customers in a manner that they will want to return or endorse your product.

Just some food for thought.

Good luck on a successful website.

Edited by Hilly

Let me get on my soap box here...

Anyone who runs a successful business will tell you that superb customer (or prospective customer) service is half of what makes a business successful. Never "filter out" someone who might be a customer. Customers remember being dissed, and won't return. Irritating as it can sometimes be, people who take the time to ask those questions can become some of your very best customers. Develop a reputation for great customer service and always stand behind your word. There are dozens of sites that sell similar items. Treat all current and potential customers in a manner that they will want to return or endorse your product.

Just some food for thought.

Good luck on a successful website.

Oh, by no means am I not answering my customers! I'm simply putting the answers to questions I've been getting a lot on the site, where a prospective customer has to see it. This saves them time and cuts down on confusion, and it also saves me email and computer time, so I can be focusing on making the best work I can. I have a lot of international business, so it's especially nice to have that there in simple english, where a translation site can provide a good translation and they don't have to email me with a translated english message, which gets super super confusing and hard to understand. I've been running my business since I was 19, and I've got a lovely customer base and have been doing this full time for the 3-4 years I've had the site, just trying to make it easier for everyone! Thats all :)

Edited by corter