Sign in to follow this  
jbird

Double ply belt

There has been some talk about Double ply belts and this is one I have been working on its just stained so its blotchy it will have a hair on hide in lay there and the finger cuts are the back piece all joining pieces have been skived down to meld nicely so in way just thought this would be of some interest I will post pics when its

done, HAPPY NEW YEAR

Joshua

P.S. this belt marks my 100th belt :wacko:

Double.JPG

Double_two.JPG

Double_3.JPG

Double_4.JPG

post-6549-1230846676_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1230846684_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1230846705_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1230846712_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbird

Looks like this will turn out to be a very nice belt. Good job.

James

I really want to see this one when its done!

Is that your pattern And where is the hair going?

pete

100th !?!?

Good lord, man, where do you find the time??????????!

Very nice finger cuts, my friend. Nice pattern for the belt, too- Any silver conchos headed for this one?

I really want to see this one when its done!

Is that your pattern And where is the hair going?

pete

The hair is going in between the layer in the big oval opining, the finger cut pattern started out of the belts galore al stolmam book I redrew it some, I will post pics when it's done.

100th !?!?

Good lord, man, where do you find the time??????????!

Very nice finger cuts, my friend. Nice pattern for the belt, too- Any silver conchos headed for this one?

Thanks mike I am happy to say I have found the secret to slow time down LOL still looking for conchos.

Have happy new year old buddy teacher freind.

Josh

Edited by jbird

Joshua... That belt is going to rock bug time! How do you plan to doing the fastening of the inlay and the frame? I mean how are you planning to stitch the frame and stitch the inlay?

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Joshua... That belt is going to rock bug time! How do you plan to doing the fastening of the inlay and the frame? I mean how are you planning to stitch the frame and stitch the inlay?

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks Bree

About the fastening I have done these before and I glue down the hair on hide and then the top ply then I will groove it and stitch it it's a touchy little stitch but it looks pretty nice I think when it's done.

Josh

I don't think I answered the question of design I designed the belt fully, the finger cuts as I said were a pattern out of the belts galore book and I traced it and then redrew it some so it flowed better.

Josh

Edited by jbird

Thanks Bree

About the fastening I have done these before and I glue down the hair on hide and then the top ply then I will groove it and stitch it it's a touchy little stitch but it looks pretty nice I think when it's done.

Josh

What kind of glue are you using to hold down that hair-on-hide??? I would be afraid of it delaminating with all that bending.

I'll bet that frame stitch is touchy for sure!! I would love to see the completed product. Should be very cool.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

What kind of glue are you using to hold down that hair-on-hide??? I would be afraid of it delaminating with all that bending.

I'll bet that frame stitch is touchy for sure!! I would love to see the completed product. Should be very cool.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

I use barge most the time and the stitch goes through the hair on hide should be good.

Josh