Sign in to follow this  
marine mp

Advice On Preval Sprayer.

One of our local hardware stores is unfortunately going out of business and is selling some Preval sprayers w/bottle attached for $3.50. I've never used one and have tried to "search" as to whether you need to thin the dyes before attempting to use them. If you are supposed to thin the dyes, what is the proper way todilute oil or spirit (Feibings) and Eco-Flo (Tandy's) Thanks for any help. Semper-fi Mike

One of our local hardware stores is unfortunately going out of business and is selling some Preval sprayers w/bottle attached for $3.50. I've never used one and have tried to "search" as to whether you need to thin the dyes before attempting to use them. If you are supposed to thin the dyes, what is the proper way todilute oil or spirit (Feibings) and Eco-Flo (Tandy's) Thanks for any help. Semper-fi Mike

Hi Mike,

The Preval sprayers are a compressed air unit. Dyes don't need to be thinned out to use. I keep a couple handy for quick spray jobs they I don't feel the need to set up the spray gun for. I've used both spirit and eco-flo in them with no issues. Due to the nozzle being behind your hand (vs. an airbrush where the nozzle is forward) be sure to wear a glove on the preval holding hand to combat the overspray getting on you and staining your hands.

Chris

you can thin IF YOU WANT TO....just be sure to read the package direction.

it states where to POINT the nozzle.

i use them quiet often.

Edited by Luke Hatley