Uwe

Video: Installing A Binder Kit On A Durkopp Adler 205-370

I spent most of today making a how-to video about installing a Kwok Hing binder kit on my Durkopp Adler 205-370 machine. This was partially to test out new lighting equipment I had made recently for doing shadow-free macro video.

Edited by Uwe

Very nice, Uwe!! Thank you for making this instructional vid.

Uwe,

You do not have to take the shuttle out to get to and remove the feed dog screw. you are doing to much work to remove the feed dog!

glenn

And right you are, Glenn! I just checked and simply flipping open the bobbin give access to that screw. D'oh, it' so obvious once you know! I learn something new every day. Of course if you drop that screw you'll still be taking the hook out to retrieve said screw again.

Here I was just getting good at taking out that hook assembly! I guess I'll be revising my videos a bit.

Thanks for the tip!

Uwe,

If you drop the screw, just retrieve it with a magnetic screw driver or magnetized magnet. Easy. I do it at work all the time.

glenn

Yup, my magnetized magnets work way better than the ones that are not magnetized, haha.

I agree with you. I updated my youtube videos by adding a note about the hook removal not being necessary.

I just wish I'd known six months ago. On the plus side, removing the hook no longer scares me.

Edited by Uwe