Twisted 66

New Holster - .44 Magnum Side Holster

What gun does that suit? I'm wondering about the placement of the snap on your safety strap.. looks like it might go ta banging the cylinder takin the gun inan out (?).

Oh, did you punch lacin' holes from the back side? Looks like maybe yer punch was blowin' out a bit.

the holster is for a.44 magnum ( hence the title :17: ) lol ..the strap sits right across the hammer nicely actually. The lacing was a bitch lol I'll admit it..I couldn't punch through properly so I ended up using a drill. some of the debris around the holes is just dust and pieces..it's been wiped down since then. when you say blown out what exactlly do you mean..the "raised" kinda look by the holes?

Very cool design my man. I really dig it, and the carving. I like seeing people tooling more tattoo-like designs on their work. Excellent.

Chris

.44 Mag covers a good bit of ground...

S/W 29 / 629 (half a dozen styles)

Colt Anaconda

Ruger Blackhawk (and Redhawk)

I think what JLS is getting at is not that your strap won't work but since your holster is unlined it looks like the base of the snap is exposed on the inside of the holster and will probably rub against the cylinder of the revolver as you draw out and reholster. This will damage your finish, even on stainless it will probably leave a wear mark, unless you have a plastic snap cover on it.

I would like to see a pistol stuffed down into that holster.

I like the tooling, but the holster looks small for a big magnum revolver. I wouldn't want those rivets riding against any of my wheel guns.

Edited by Colt W Knight

ok so as a newbie it seems I didn't include as much information as I thought..the gun is a smith and Wesson .44, the inside rivet has been covered by a small piece of leather and no metal touched the gun at all in any way, the sizing took a few times but after playing with a few mock ups I got it to where I wanted it. as for lining it hmm never though about that..what do people line a holster with? suede? material? leather? always open for options/idea/knowledge! again I sit in my newbie corner with that blank expression..lol ( pictures of the piece in the holster coming soon but I'm not sure how to add a pic on here once I've already started the initial thread..hmmmm

Twisted, I do not like using suede for a liner some people do. I prefer to glu two pieces of the same thickness of leather or the liner slightly thinner. For instance two piece of 4-5 oz glued fuzzy side to fuzzy side, this gives you a holster with the smooth side inside and outside the holster. It also gives you a stiffer holster. You can also sandwich the snap bases etc inbetween the two layers.

How does the gun hang? Belt loop looks narrow for a gun of that weight. Tooling looks great.