I got the one from GoldStartool.com Click Here. I got the Sylvia Deal (A member here on the forums) it comes with a line 24 die set, a line 20 die set, a rivet die set, plus 100 rivets for $89 with free shipping. (This deal is not on the website you have to call in to get this deal) This saved me a ton of time over the Christmas Holiday. I had so many snaps to do that I actually ordered a a second one so that two of us could be doing snaps at the same time. Before I got this press every now an then i would get a bad snap set and have to pull it apart and redo it. Not one bad snap set since. This tool saved me this Holiday.

Karina

post-32363-0-65081100-1421976203_thumb.j

I got the one from GoldStartool.com Click Here. I got the Sylvia Deal (A member here on the forums) it comes with a line 24 die set, a line 20 die set, a rivet die set, plus 100 rivets for $89 with free shipping. (This deal is not on the website you have to call in to get this deal) This saved me a ton of time over the Christmas Holiday. I had so many snaps to do that I actually ordered a a second one so that two of us could be doing snaps at the same time. Before I got this press every now an then i would get a bad snap set and have to pull it apart and redo it. Not one bad snap set since. This tool saved me this Holiday.

Karina

attachicon.gifgreen_press.jpg

Been thinking of getting one of those, but I need the good, bad, and the ugly... Need some feedback on anyone who has owned one for over a couple months.

Been thinking of getting one of those, but I need the good, bad, and the ugly... Need some feedback on anyone who has owned one for over a couple months.

I have been using this unit for several months. The first one I got back in August 2014. Then right before the Thanksgiving Holiday when orders started to pick up, I ordered the second one. I didn't get the Sylvia deal with the second one I just got the one for $59 with one die and that die was the Segma Snap die. I Spoke with the member here named Syvia via PM before I made my purchase. She answered the few questions I had even though she have pretty much answered many questions in the thread here for other members, and the only negative she stated was that the Tandy line 20 didn't work too well as the post on them were a tad different, so I just ordered my line 20 snaps from GoldStar they are much cheaper anyway. 100 snaps of line 20 from Goldstar is $19.99 with free shipping and no tax for me, they are $27.50 +tax from Tandy so it seemed like a no brainier to just order them from Goldstar. (Plus I use Line 24 mostly)

When I got it, it was already set up and ready to go, with the exception of installing the handle - All I had to do was slide a screw through the handle, screw it down, install the dies and I immediately started installing snaps. Takes barely a second and the snap is set. If you set a ton of snaps, then a press is the way to go. November/December I went through over 400 sets of snaps. i would have been bumping my head against a brick wall if I had to set that many snaps by hand.

post-32363-0-69396900-1422012561_thumb.j

Here are the two presses with dies. (Excuse the mess in the background, I still haven't recovered from the Holiday Orders.)

Karina

Karina, thanks for the response --- I was concerned the dies would work only with their brand of snaps, I use CSO snaps...

Will the GoldStar dies set the Pull The Dot snaps? I'm not sure if you have to file a little flat spot on the one die or not.

I've been using the "Little Wonder" from Weaver for a few years now. That would be my recommendation.

Also have the Goldstar $59 shipped with one set of dies. I also bought their snaps which are also a good deal.

Cya!

Bob

I made a arbor press that I use for multiple applications. Takes up more space than the ones pictured but it works for me. Also, I have a question on snaps I make holsters where I have to use a 8/32 screw to hold the male part on the leather what I'm finding is the opening on the snaps don't let the screw set down deep enough causing the snap not to close properly. The lift a dot snap works perfectly but only able to purchase in the nickle finish. I need or should say like to use black. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Longtooth not sure how long of a screw you need, Tandy, Springfield etc sell screws for that purpose. They say to convert conchos to snaps. However I use them to attach the snap to a T nut. You can get the black pull the DOT on ebay. Also Index Fastners sells Pull the DOT in Black and kind of a military tan color. http://www.ifithermoplastics.com/products/snap-fasteners

Edited by camano ridge

I have the Heritage foot press from Weaver. Very nice machine and sets snaps perfectly every time. But I suggest getting the dies from Tandy. The Weaver foot press uses the Tandy dies (setters) and the dies are cheaper at Tandy if you have a business account.

Longtooth not sure how long of a screw you need, Tandy, Springfield etc sell screws for that purpose. They say to convert conchos to snaps. However I use them to attach the snap to a T nut. You can get the black pull the DOT on ebay. Also Index Fastners sells Pull the DOT in Black and kind of a military tan color. http://www.ifithermoplastics.com/products/snap-fasteners

Camano, Thank you. I do the same thing you do with the T-nut. Just ordered a load. Thank you again.

I recently bought the Press-n-snap tool with the extra pull-the-dot socket. It works great for Tandy, Durable and PTD snaps.