oclack

Looking For Hardware Made In The Usa

I'm trying to source true made in the U.S.A. brass hardware for a series of bags I'm making.

- swivel snaps

- magnetic snap (i.e. buttons)

- strap buckles

- conway buckles

- dee-rings

- square loops

Any idea where I can find these items from a US manufacture?

Try zoronmfg.com. They are in North Carolina . You may also try using the Thomasnet.com website to look up items made by American companies, it is a great website.

Mark

Call this phone number and tell them you want one of their catalog's. 33 zero eight nine three 1 nine 7 four Hillside Harness. They are Amish they will not answer the phone. Leave your name and address.

Call this phone number and tell them you want one of their catalog's. 330-893-1974. Hillside Harness. They are Amish they will not answer the phone. Leave your name and address.

fixed so people can read the phone number better.

Lets us know what you find out!!!!!

Chris

Good morning. I have bought a building which had been operated as a leather shop. It has riveting machines, punch out machines, cutting machines, skiving machines, pretty much everything needed to manufacture horse halters, leashes. leads, etc. It not only has all the machinery, it has 1,000's of pieces of hardware (rivets, caps, o-rings, d-rings, square rings, buckles in numerous sizes (brass and nickel plated), along with 1,000's of pieces of hardward like snaps, latches, swivels, snap bolts, etc. And not to mention the 1,000's of pieces of inventory like chains for leashes, horse halters, dog collars, strips of leather which were never finished...well you get tthe idea. If anyone is interested in some of this, please let me know. We have just begun loading some of this stuff on eBay, but if someone in the business can use it that would be great.

Thank you.

Call this phone number and tell them you want one of their catalog's. 330-893-1974 Hillside Harness. They are Amish they will not answer the phone. Leave your name and address.

Just so everyone knows and to save everyone the tines and effort of ordering the above catalog, almost none of the items on their catalog are made in the United States. I feel it important to point this out because the purpose of this thread was to discuss sources for US - MANUFACTURED HARDWARE.

Apparently, according to their catalog, you can get some items made in the US...if you want to order a minimum of 100 of that item.

I think I counted maybe 5-7 other pieces of hardware that said they were made in the US without having to order 100.

Don't guess I will be ordering anything from them. Thought I'd let others know before you ask for a catalog.

It's pathetic that this kind of hardware we all use is not manufactured in the US. I'd settle for UK hardware, but not certain if the stuff Abbey sells is actually made in the UK. I think they have their own foundry in the UK, so maybe it is.

Most of the Abbey hardware is their own, they took over the foundry in Walsall 5 years ago to keep it open & have invested in it since.

They are quite happy to confirm whats theirs & what isn't if you shoot them a mail, I think they have increased the % of their own products over the last few years & not only on the hardware side.

Heres a vid of the foundry, really is small volume..

Thanks for the info and for posting that video...looks like Abbey will be my primary hardware supplier for the foreseeable future.

I'll be getting my Tiger thread from them too since there isn't a reliable source for it in the US that knows how to keep it in stock. I bet I can get it from Abbey in faster that the 4-6 weeks I was quoted by the US supplier. :)

I realize I am coming in late to this conversation but I wanted to say that I am trying to sell cases upon cases of original North & Judd buckles, d-rings, snaps, etc. from a leather working company which went out of business. These are 90% still in the original cases. He would buy these things by the 1,000's and re-sell in sets of 20-25 to other shops across the country. I have attached a link to just some of the pictures we have but if there is any interest in purchasing any of this I will be happy to get you item specifics, qty on hand, etc.

https://app.box.com/s/cevypyk34jn8gewm1t8c

Thank you

holy crap goldstamping!! that is a lot of hardware. looks like much of it is made in the u.s., too.

Been searching for hours online and can't find ANY sites that say that their hardware is made in the USA. Looking for essentially the same items, more specifically:

- brass snaps (line 24 style)

- brass hooks

- brass D-rings and 0-rings

- nickel snaps

- belt buckles (basic styles)

Has anyone had any further insight to this in since the last post? I feel a little weird calling my products American made when they contain products manufactured overseas. Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I pretty much have everything you listed you are looking for. The boxes which I have in my office are listed as ** North & Judd - Made in the USA,** Square Brand by the Covert Mfr. Co., Troy, New York ** North & Judd Wilcox-Crittenden Nickel Plated 1/2" Buckles. If you will give me until tomorrow I will double check all 5 of your items and get you pictures. Can you tell me how many you need? It does not really matter because there are 1,000's, but I would like to know. The reason I ask is I had a fella before run me all around this warehouse looking up UPC numbers and manufactures just to tell me he needed 8 pieces.....uuugggh.

Also, please let me know the sizes on all the pieces you are looking for.

Hello,

I pretty much have everything you listed you are looking for. The boxes which I have in my office are listed as ** North & Judd - Made in the USA,** Square Brand by the Covert Mfr. Co., Troy, New York ** North & Judd Wilcox-Crittenden Nickel Plated 1/2" Buckles. If you will give me until tomorrow I will double check all 5 of your items and get you pictures. Can you tell me how many you need? It does not really matter because there are 1,000's, but I would like to know. The reason I ask is I had a fella before run me all around this warehouse looking up UPC numbers and manufactures just to tell me he needed 8 pieces.....uuugggh.

Also, please let me know the sizes on all the pieces you are looking for.

Just sent you a message, thank you!