DS STRAPS

Heads Up! Giraffe

Not sure if anyone is using this hide or has seen it but Roje leather is selling Giraffe hide

http://www.allexoticleather.com/category-s/78.htm

I'd be more open to it if I knew why / how they were killed, but the leather itself doesn't really have much of an interesting texture; IMHO. I have bought some exotics, but the culling is managed through quotas to not damage the population. Do you know how it works with the giraffe?

If the leather is sold here in the United States, you can rest assured that the hunting is done per quotas and ethical population management.

The United States goes overboard to protect animals everywhere - even if it is against the best judgement of the officials in the countries where they were taken.

Edited by BigMatt

I have bought a few hides from this company and they are hands down one of the best people to deal with. Best prices I've found two. They said that giraffe is like pig suede. If your really interested I would get ahold of them through email. They seem to have a lot more than advertised.

If the leather is sold here in the United States, you can rest assured that the hunting is done per quotas and ethical population management.

The United States goes overboard to protect animals everywhere - even if it is against the best judgement of the officials in the countries where they were taken.

Thanks for explaining that!

I have bought a few hides from this company and they are hands down one of the best people to deal with. Best prices I've found two. They said that giraffe is like pig suede. If your really interested I would get ahold of them through email. They seem to have a lot more than advertised.

I have used them since I have gotten into leather work and have to agree with you that they offer the best service, product, and prices for exotics that I have found

I am extremely curious as to why any company would be selling giraffe.  These animals are in danger and are protected as at least threatened.