Sign in to follow this  
RiahJ

Pattern For A Double Magazine Pouch

Hello-

New to the site and leatherworking in general. My husband is taking a tactical shooting class next week in Nevada, and he asked me to make him a double magazine pouch. He wants the pancake style. I have looked at lots of pictures, but, I cant seem to come up with a pattern. Can anyone guide me in the right direction of how to make on of these?

Thank you so much!!

i would take 2 mags, place them on the table in the way you want them to be. cut some leather that will cover the mags sitting on table.

now case the leather real good for wet molding.

i would then using a food saver(the kind that sucks the air out of bags), place the cased leather over the mags on a board wood or plastic(stiff one) in the vacum bag and suck the air out of the bag using the food saver.

let sit in sealled bag for 10 mins then open otherwise the leather will not dry out.

let dry for 24 hours then just sew it to a backing piece and cut out in the shape that you want. use a oblong bag punch to punch the belt slots in the leather.

Thanks so much for the tip. I will be trying it today...

I was going to start with what type of gun and mags are you working with. I use to make these items for military and law enforcement out of nylon.