Sign in to follow this  
D.A. Kabatoff

Kamloops Cowboy Festival Saddle Competition

I wasn't sure the best place on this forum for this announcement so I have posted it here as well as the Saddlery area of the forum.

I was recently contacted by Dave Ciriani who is the organizer of the Western Art and Gear Show for the Kamloops Cowboy Festival, I offered to post the information for next years saddle competition. This is the show that Ryan Cope won earlier this year with a nice Homestead Wade saddle... I believe he posted a photo of the silver engraved buckle (made by Richard Tennisch) that came along with top honors as judged by Chuck Stormes. Chuck will be back next year to judge the show once more.

It would be really nice to see some of the saddle makers from this forum and their work in Kamloops next year. It sounds like the show is being expanded to include a division for amateurs. I'm not really sure how to post the doc. file I was sent so I have simply cut and pasted it.

Darc

Kamloops Cowboy Festival

Art of the West

Saddle Show

The Kamloops Cowboy Festival will be presenting its Saddle Show in conjunction with its Art of the West Show and Sale, sponsored by Canadian Cowboy Country magazine. The show will once again be judged by Mr. Chuck Stormes. The Best of Show saddle will receive a rosette and a handcrafted buckle by Mr. Richard Tenisch. 1st and 2nd runners-up will receive rosettes and cash prizes. The amateur division will award rosettes and cash prizes. For more information on the Kamloops Cowboy Festival and the show, see our website at www.bcchs.com or contact David Ciriani, Art Show Chairman, at ciriani@telus.net or (250) 374-9649