Roger J

Problem With Larger-Than-Screen Pictures

When clicking on thumbnail pictures on this site, I often get these gigantic larger-than-screen pictures.

I am using Firefox and this is the only site I frequent that has this issue.

Is this a Firefox issue?

Is there a way to automatically resize the gigantic pictures to fit the screen automatically?

Those images are JavaScript driven overlays. The forum software may or may not limit the size of the displayed large images. If it doesn't, as I suspect, the person uploading it is solely responsible for the dimensions that open in the overlays.

That said, what device are you using to view the forum? If it's a PC or Mac, what size is your desktop or laptop monitor screen?

It is possible that your screen resolution is insufficient for some of our overlayed images. If you cannot change to a larger display resolution, try holding down the Control key and tapping the - key. This reduces the size of the contents of anything inside Firefox, other than the browser itself. To return to the original, default size, hold Control and press the 0 (zero) key. Ctrl and + makes everything larger in Firefox.

Hit the save key just above close on the picture and you'll get a smaller picture.

Hi Wiz,

I'm using a PC laptop, 15.6" screen, and the resolution is set to maximum (1366 X 768).

The ctrl functions work fine, but would be nice if it would just resize automatically.

Just wondering it its just me that has this problem.

Hi TR,

Just tried your trick and it worked, now to figure out where it got saved to :huh:

Roger, it is not just you. I use Firefox with a 22" flat monitor set at 1024 x 768. This setting lets the forum screen fill the monitor. Some pics are still too large and I have to scroll over to choose "next". I tried changing to a larger resolution which let the pictures fit but the forum screen shrunk and I could not read the text as well. Ctrl -/+ worked so I may use that or just continue to scroll as needed.

Hi Ken,

So I guess the issue, as Wiz first pointed out, is the size of the pictures people upload.

I'll look into some firefox add-ons to see if one will solve the problem.

If an image is too big to view in your screen, reduce it with [ctrl]-[-] repeatedly until it's down to a size you can view it in. To enlarge back to the original magnification, use [ctrl]-[0].