Felton Leatherworks

Some New Pictures Taken

I want to thank everyone for the honesty that was given about my Etsy store page. I have changed some of the item photos. What does everyone think of the leather work that was done? The site is www.etsy.com/shop/feltonleatherworks. Please let me know how the work looks.

Thanks,

Allen

While trying not to sound too harsh: You really need to practice stamping straight. Looking through the site it looks like the lettering is crocked on everything (to me, crocked work is reject and I redo it straight).

Aaron

The basket weave belt holder states there is a belt loop on the back. You offer two pics of the front, one blurry and one not. It seems like the second photo would be of the back... just saying.

The basketweave runs off the edge of the leather. While that is one way of doing basketweave, it usually ends early and there is a stamped border. Usually a varation of a camoflauge stamp or shell stamp. Always nice to see variations but it looks like you just cut the belt holder out of a pre-stamped piece of leather. It seems like if you are going to all the trouble of stamping, you might consider including the shape of the piece in your stamping.

Almost all your piceces have a cross. It is wonderful you have a belief and faith but consider widing your patterns beyond a single theme.

The pictures are a big improvement, and really let people see the work. I'd say your best work is probably the portfolio, the cross wallet, and possibly the badge wallet, but I'd like to see more views of things.

Drum up the descriptions some. People LOVE details."cowhide wallet, saddle stitched by hand, dyed mahogany and with a rich hand-rubbed wax finish" engages your reader--you got to grab them because they can't pick the items up. Let them know. What weight is the leather? Is that wallet horse with a goat lining, or cowhide with a pig liner--knowing the material is important to a lot of people. Some don't want a leather item that's made of horse, or goat, or pig--but they seldom message you to find out.

The next thing I would suggest is to have pictures of different angles (such as the back, as mentioned above), and maybe get a friend to be your model in exchange for a beer/soda (or get a fiberglass dummy--they don't talk back--PM me if you want links to some dummy suppliers that won't kill your wallet--hands and heads are pretty inexpensive). Things in online stores sell best if you can showcase what you make, if people can get a good idea of what it will look like when worn, and if the pictures are crisp and focused on what you want to sell people. You have only seconds to grab someone's eye.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Being a maker of goods for a dozen or more wholesalers with a global collection of stores each in the thousands ,what do I say ? I visited a site the other day :www.skytoptrading.com When I see a portfolio or cover of some kind in my mind I am expecting what I see on Sky Top . I would offer for you a visit to You Tube : check out a video called :Dunhill Traditional . I cant put this into words ,please know I am only offering these things to inspire not in any way to compare .One more gift for you :www.twisted fringe .com Not a single word is required here I hope you enjoy . A finished product is the sum of all its notes just as in music . I wish you the best of luck with your store and all things in leather . Please know all information given here is my way of saying climb higher in the tree practice more . Bluesman1951

I want to thank everyone for the honesty that was given about my Etsy store page. I have changed some of the item photos. What does everyone think of the leather work that was done? The site is www.etsy.com/shop/feltonleatherworks. Please let me know how the work looks.

Thanks,

Allen

Your outside "nature" pictures of the products look great, lighting is perfect. Inside photos have a flash problem.

Your products are fine, keep on improving; I am impressed you took the effort to change your photography so rapidly, it will make a difference in your sales

Cheers, Scott