Fortuna

Hello From Portugal!

Hi there, I'm Fortuna, like the title says, I live in Portugal. I've allways admired all kinds of leatherwork, but i've never thougt some day I will actually find myself doing something in leather.

Most of the time I sew fabric, but recently, two of my bigged passion (vintage bicycles and sewing/making useful things) collided and I have the oppotunity to do what I love by making and selling replicas of vintage saddlebags, handdlebar bags ect, and to do so, I need to learn the basics of leatherwork, and that's why I came here. Now I'm in search for a sewing machine and I hope to find one who will work well whith leather and several layers of heavy coton duck, I have a singer 700 and it's a great machine, but it's not made for that kind of work. For now I have an eye on a singer 331k2 and I'm collecting informations about it.

I hope to have something to show here in the future!

PS: sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language :unsure:

Welcome! Your English is doing just fine. In fact better than some where English is their native language.

Tom

Hello Fortuna and welcome to the forum!

Thank you all ^^

My father save my grandfather's singer 31K17, in terrible condition from my grandmother's garage. I can't say I dont have a leather sewing machine anymore, but I wonder if I'm gonna be able to make it work again. The mecanism won't move an inch :wacko: for now, it's soaked in WD40. It's going to be a very long term project, I'll have to find the missing parts and all... it's going to be fun :crazy:

10155653_767394896604750_2052026917_n.jp

Thank you all ^^

My father save my grandfather's singer 31K17, in terrible condition from my grandmother's garage. I can't say I dont have a leather sewing machine anymore, but I wonder if I'm gonna be able to make it work again. The mecanism won't move an inch :wacko: for now, it's soaked in WD40. It's going to be a very long term project, I'll have to find the missing parts and all... it's going to be fun :crazy:

10155653_767394896604750_2052026917_n.jp

Check with some mechanics and/or machinists where you live. They should be able to suggest better options than WD-40 for freeing up your machines parts.

Muito prazer!